MiWay sponsors Wally Hayward Marathon for third consecutive year
Recent Company News
- Home rental 101: Making the right move
- The claim game: Is your cover sufficient?
- Think like a start-up: 3 lessons for big business
- Why transport matters: The economy depends on it
- 5 Success hacks to grow your business
- 4 Reasons why co-working could be the key to kick-starting small business
- A 7-step guide to starting your own trade business
- Women’s Month focus: 5 Safety tips for women on the road
- 5 Successful business women share their secrets
- When you can’t speak: Top tips for ensuring emergency teams can access your information
- MiWay treats 100 families this Mandela Day
MiWay has come aboard as the title sponsor of the new-look Wally Hayward Marathon – one of SA’s major road marathons.
The 2018 MiWay Wally Hayward Marathon, to be held on 1 May 2018 at the Centurion Rugby Club, now offers a total of R50 000 in prizes and features a new venue, new route and a new electronic timing system.
The event, now entering its 42nd year, includes a 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km race, 5km race and is among the largest road marathons in South Africa, with entries capped at 13 000 for all distances. The MiWay Wally Hayward Marathon is also the last 2018 Comrades Marathon qualifier in Gauteng and athletes can expect the presence of the Comrades Marathon Association. The race honours South African marathon legend the late Wally Hayward and also raises funds for multiple charities including Amadea, Kwaggaspoort Reddingsdaad, Pink Drive, Rainbows and Smiles, SPCA Tshwane and Wetnose.
The Head of Marketing and Brand at MiWay, Nthabiseng Moloi, says the title sponsorship of the Wally Hayward Marathon is just one of MiWay’s efforts to drive greater benefits for all South Africans. It is also in line with MiWay CEO René Otto’s commitment to physical health and fitness – Otto himself has completed multiple Comrade Marathons and Iron Man events.
Moloi says, “MiWay empowers South Africans through both its insurance products and services and its support of key initiatives around the country. As a good corporate citizen, MiWay’s partnership with leading sports events such as the Wally Hayward Marathon is part of our ongoing quest to support home-grown events that give athletes the freedom to showcase their talent and improve their performance.”
“Our increasing involvement in sports is part of our commitment to fostering a healthy, balanced lifestyle and enhanced wellness for everyone,” says Moloi.
For more information about the 2018 MiWay Wally Hayward Marathon please visit www.wally.co.za
MiWay is an Authorised Financial Services Provider (Licence no: 33970).
Date Posted: 2018-02-26
Posted By: MiWay Insurance Limited
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Financial services,
More Company News
- MiWay treats 100 families this Mandela Day
- Theft on the move: How to safeguard goods and personnel in transit
- Reducing the risk of remote jamming
- Understand the difference between voidance and cancellation of an insurance policy
- Making money from your baking hobby
- The entrepreneurial case for a co-working space
- Safe driving depends on safe braking: 5 tips to keep you safe
- Health and Safety: The recipe for a better logistics industry
- MiWay sponsors Wally Hayward Marathon for third consecutive year
- Vehicle overloading: Don’t put your business at risk
- Your employees are your greatest asset – manage them well
- Keep your cover in check – important insurance points to ponder
- Passion is the key to entrepreneurial success
- Is your tracking company tracking you correctly?
- Top tips to protect your child's identity
- Stay safe on the roads
- Time is money: Tips to help you use yours well
- Don’t be a statistic: 4 tips to avoid motorcycle hijacking
- Own the open road: Tips for trucking owner-drivers looking to improve their bottom line
- Car hire: read the fine print
- Understanding your blue light rights
- Small business deserves to be a bigger priority
- MiWay’s BusinessAssist service set to promote growth in the SME sector
- The Car Wash Conundrum: How to avoid South Africa’s latest crime trend
- MiWay launches disaster relief fund
- How to avoid buying a water-damaged car
- What happens when you neglect your home maintenance?
- Tips to improve your safety on the roads
- The fine print: Understanding the rules of the road
- The risks of business ownership
- Cover your assets: Things to consider when buying a car
- Shaping tomorrow's leaders
- MiWay backs a winning team
- New MiWay App feature that no road user should be without
- MiWay sponsors 40th Wally Hayward Marathon
- TREAD collaborates with MiWay on MiWayMTB TV show
- MiWayMTB and TREAD team up to offer MTB skills clinics
- Want to improve your MTB performance?
- MiWay keeps its promises
- What should a biker insure? A motorcycle insurance checklist for your peace of mind.
- MiWay Insurance creates jobs in Bloemfontein
- Customers show their support for MiWay
- MiWay and Tracker SA tie the knot
- Insurance innovation: MiWay fixes premiums for three years
- Car Insurance - Parts used to repair insured cars may not compromise safety!
- Useful tips for finding cheaper car insurance!
- MiWay clients benefit from Europ Assistance SA's highly equipped call centre.
- What to consider when deciding on Car Insurance.
- Home Insurance from MiWay
- MiWay.co.za - A South African Insurance Provider
- Miway to Profile Driver Behaviour for More accurate Premiums
- Insure your Boat with MiWay
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home