MiWay launches disaster relief fund
Recent Company News
- Top tips to protect your child's identity
- Stay safe on the roads
- Time is money: Tips to help you use yours well
- Don’t be a statistic: 4 tips to avoid motorcycle hijacking
- Own the open road: Tips for trucking owner-drivers looking to improve their bottom line
- Car hire: read the fine print
- Understanding your blue light rights
- Small business deserves to be a bigger priority
- MiWay’s BusinessAssist service set to promote growth in the SME sector
- The Car Wash Conundrum: How to avoid South Africa’s latest crime trend
- MiWay launches disaster relief fund
MiWay has launched a disaster relief fund that will make use of a social savings platform, ADDaBIT, to help those affected by weather-related disasters. MiWay will kick-start the fund with a donation of R300 000.
“As an insurer, we have long been aware that losses related to extreme weather conditions are increasing. We’ve been spurred on by a number of disasters that have impacted our country, especially this year. Shortage of water, storms in the Western Cape and now this devastating disaster in Knysna and surrounding areas”, says MiWay CEO, René Otto. “We cannot sit back and do nothing. As a proudly South African company, we care about what happens in our communities.”
The MiWay Disaster Relief Fund page on ADDaBIT.com will offer clients, business partners and the general public a way to donate funds to disaster relief efforts, from as little as R1. The Fund has been entrusted to Gift of the Givers Foundation - the largest disaster response NGO in Africa – to manage the allocation of funds and ensure that those most affected receive the necessary assistance.
Badr Kazi from Gift of the Givers Foundation says, “There is no doubt that many South Africans will be facing a severe winter and coupled with the ravages of drought and its consequences, our distressed communities will be under immense pressure to sustain and navigate their way through a cyclical drought period. The decision by MiWay to stand up and be part of a sustainable solution is admired. We assure the country of good governance practices and that funds will be allocated toward disasters within South Africa.”
Otto says, “We are in the business of providing cover in the face of disaster, but we are also aware that when people are displaced owing to extreme weather events, they have immediate needs that must be met rapidly. This Fund is our way of helping to address those needs and provide the South African public with a reliable solution to make donations for worthy causes. We are encouraging our staff, MiWay clients and the public at large to get behind this effort to help South Africa rise.”
MiWay is an Authorised Financial Services Provider (Licence no: 33970)
Date Posted: 2017-06-21
Posted By: MiWay Insurance Limited
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Financial services,
More Company News
- MiWay launches disaster relief fund
- How to avoid buying a water-damaged car
- What happens when you neglect your home maintenance?
- Tips to improve your safety on the roads
- The fine print: Understanding the rules of the road
- The risks of business ownership
- Cover your assets: Things to consider when buying a car
- Shaping tomorrow's leaders
- MiWay backs a winning team
- New MiWay App feature that no road user should be without
- MiWay sponsors 40th Wally Hayward Marathon
- TREAD collaborates with MiWay on MiWayMTB TV show
- MiWayMTB and TREAD team up to offer MTB skills clinics
- Want to improve your MTB performance?
- MiWay keeps its promises
- What should a biker insure? A motorcycle insurance checklist for your peace of mind.
- MiWay Insurance creates jobs in Bloemfontein
- Customers show their support for MiWay
- MiWay and Tracker SA tie the knot
- Insurance innovation: MiWay fixes premiums for three years
- Car Insurance - Parts used to repair insured cars may not compromise safety!
- Useful tips for finding cheaper car insurance!
- MiWay clients benefit from Europ Assistance SA's highly equipped call centre.
- What to consider when deciding on Car Insurance.
- Home Insurance from MiWay
- MiWay.co.za - A South African Insurance Provider
- Miway to Profile Driver Behaviour for More accurate Premiums
- Insure your Boat with MiWay
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home