Krohne (Pty) Ltd
New eLearning on pipeline leak detection for engineers
Recent Company News
- OPTISONIC 3400: The new all-rounder for all process industries
- New eLearning on pipeline leak detection for engineers
- OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F: The new member in the family of modular level meters
- Goodbye Transmitters!
- KROHNE Application Note - Level measurement in a cement silo
- KROHNE launches the
- OPTIMASS 6400: The new standard high performance flowmeter for the process industry.
- Schneider Electric and KROHNE Announce Partnership to Offer a Complete Automation and Instrumentation Solution
- KROHNE launches OPTIFLEX 2200 C/F level meter
- OPTISONIC 7300: Process gases always under control
- KROHNE Variable area flowmeter now supports fieldbus
· KROHNE Academy online extends with free eLearning course dedicated to pipeline monitoring
· Two learning modules cover a broad range of topics from historical development to current fields of application Pipeline transport of fluids is a growing market all around the world. As the volume of substances transported increases, so does the importance of leak monitoring.
KROHNE now offers a free eLearning course dedicated to helping engineers understand how leak monitoring systems work.Participants will find a broad range of topics related to pipeline leak detection in two course modules. The first module covers historical development, leak detection system requirements, causes of leaks, leak detection options, non-continuous leak detection, continuous external leak detection and continuous internal leak detection. The second module features leak localisation, Human Machine Interfaces, additional functions in leak detection and typical applications of leak detection systems.
The course is part of the KROHNE Academy online which is a free online training tool covering topics in the field of industrial process measurement. It is suitable for staff in practical roles, who come into contact with a wide variety of measuring tasks daily, as well as students or anyone else with an interest in the subject, wanting to ensure they are up to date with measuring technology and applications in technical facilities.Project Manager Steffen Brauers explains: "The KROHNE Academy online is not intended to replace the regular KROHNE Academy seminars, but to supplement them. The learning content on the online platform is free of charge and can be accessed anytime anywhere, so learning becomes more flexible for the participant."As with the seminars, the content of the KROHNE Academy online is vendor-independent.
The audio/video courses stand out for their clear structure, starting with the basics and moving on to interpretations, advantages and limitations, then applications and industries where the technology is applied. After a short evaluation, the participant can request a certificate to state successful participation. No previous knowledge is required for the web-based training, however a certain level of technical understanding is helpful. Registration for KROHNE Academy online is free at http://academy-online.krohne.com
About KROHNE: KROHNE is a full-service provider for process measuring technology for the measurement of flow, mass flow, level, pressure and temperature as well as analytical tasks. Founded in 1921 and headquartered in Duisburg, Germany, the company employs over 3,000 people all over the world and is present on all continents. KROHNE stands for innovation and maximum product quality and is one of the market leaders in industrial process measuring technology.
John Alexander011 314 firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 2013-07-25
Posted By: Krohne (Pty) Ltd
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Electrical or Gas Services&Products, Pumps & Valves, Engineering,
More Company News
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home