Krohne (Pty) Ltd
OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F: The new member in the family of modular level meters
Recent Company News
- OPTISONIC 3400: The new all-rounder for all process industries
- New eLearning on pipeline leak detection for engineers
- OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F: The new member in the family of modular level meters
- Goodbye Transmitters!
- KROHNE Application Note - Level measurement in a cement silo
- KROHNE launches the
- OPTIMASS 6400: The new standard high performance flowmeter for the process industry.
- Schneider Electric and KROHNE Announce Partnership to Offer a Complete Automation and Instrumentation Solution
- KROHNE launches OPTIFLEX 2200 C/F level meter
- OPTISONIC 7300: Process gases always under control
- KROHNE Variable area flowmeter now supports fieldbus
OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F: The new member in the family of modular level meters·
· 2-wire loop powered FMCW radar level meter for liquid applications
· Unique PP and PTFE Wave Horn antennas
· Remote converter up to 100 m / 328 ft with full display and configuration capability.
KROHNE introduces the OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F, a new 10 GHz FMCW radar level meter for liquid applications up to 30m / 98 ft measuring range. The cost effective 2-wire loop powered device measures level and volume in storage or process tanks with process conditions up to 250°C / 482°F and pressures up to 40 bar / 580 psi.
Together with the recently launched OPTIFLEX 2200 C TDR level meter, the OPTIWAVE 5200 C has been designed and developed for use in SIL 2 safety-related systems according to IEC 61508. The OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F electronics are compatible with a wide selection of antennas.
The unique PP and PTFE Wave Horn antennas are process sealed by their antenna material instead of a traditional process seal construction with “O”ring gaskets. These gasket free antennas are therefore ideally suited for extreme corrosive environments. The PP antenna can be mounted on process connections as small as 1 ½”. The metallic horn and waveguide antennas use a dual seal mechanism, a combination of “O”ring gaskets with a Metaglas seal, guaranteeing complete hermeticity for use in highly toxic and explosive liquids.
Metallic horn antennas range in sizes from DN 80…200 / 3…8”. The modular design of the housing with unique bayonet locking system and antenna extensions ensures suitability for a variety of mounting positions and applications.
The quick coupling system of the device permits removal of the housing under process conditions and rotation through 360° to make the display screen easy to read. The remote version OPTIWAVE 5200 F features a remote converter offering full display and configuration capability up to 100 m / 328 ft away from the antenna.
The new meter will replace the well-known KROHNE BM 702 A radar level meter with enhanced measurement capability (up to 2 measurement updates per second) and is compliant to modern process requirements such as SIL and NAMUR guidelines NE 107, 21, 43, 53. The new unit offers 4…20 mA HART communication with dedicated PACTware DTM’s and is compatible with existing BM 70x flange systems. All applicable certification for use in hazardous process environments on the OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F is available.
The well-proven OPTIWAVE 7300 C 24 GHz FMCW radar level meter remains the ideal solution for process applications with longer measuring range up to 80 m / 262 ft and higher accuracy requirements up to 3 mm / 0.12”.
Date Posted: 2013-05-31
Posted By: Krohne (Pty) Ltd
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Electrical or Gas Services&Products, Pumps & Valves, Engineering,
More Company News
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home