Krohne (Pty) Ltd
OPTIMASS 6400: The new standard high performance flowmeter for the process industry.
Recent Company News
- OPTISONIC 3400: The new all-rounder for all process industries
- New eLearning on pipeline leak detection for engineers
- OPTIWAVE 5200 C/F: The new member in the family of modular level meters
- Goodbye Transmitters!
- KROHNE Application Note - Level measurement in a cement silo
- KROHNE launches the
- OPTIMASS 6400: The new standard high performance flowmeter for the process industry.
- Schneider Electric and KROHNE Announce Partnership to Offer a Complete Automation and Instrumentation Solution
- KROHNE launches OPTIFLEX 2200 C/F level meter
- OPTISONIC 7300: Process gases always under control
- KROHNE Variable area flowmeter now supports fieldbus
- New twin bent tube Coriolis mass flowmeter for liquid and gas applications
- Advanced Entrained Gas Management (EGM): no loss of measurement with gas entrainment up to 100%
- For high temperatures +400°C / 752°F down to cryogenic applications -200°C / -328°F
- New signal converter with advanced device and process diagnostics, compliant to NAMUR NE 107
- Liquid and gas custody transfer approval
The OPTIMASS 6400 is the world’s first Coriolis mass flowmeter to feature advanced Entrained Gas Management (EGM). In the past, gas entrainments in liquid media presented a huge challenge for mass flowmeters because the relative movement between gas and fluid dampens the amplitude of the measuring tube. This dampening leads to inconsistent sensor amplitudes, which interfere with the electronics’ capability to determine the actual resonant frequency. While other mass flowmeters simply "freeze" their last stable reading to cover this "loss of measurement", the OPTIMASS 6400 with EGM is able to follow and correct for the varying amplitudes. This is achieved for entrained gas up to 100% of volume and continues to present an actual measured reading, together with an indication or configurable alarm for the user. This indication can be very helpful to improve processes by identifying transient gas entrainments.
Compliant to NAMUR standard installation lengths, the OPTIMASS 6400 is available in sizes DN 08...250 and covers high temperatures up to +400°C / 752°F, as well as cryogenic applications down to -200°C / -328°F. It also handles pressures up to 200 bar (2900 psi).
These specifications, together with the unique feature of EGM and custody transfer approvals for both liquids (OIML R-117-1 / MI005) and gases (OIML – R137 / MI002), make the OPTIMASS 6400 suitable for process industries and specialist applications like LNG, CNG or supercritical gases in terminal or storage/bunkering, along with custody transfer applications. The OPTIMASS 6400 is available in stainless steel 316L, Hastelloy® C22 and Duplex steel UNS S31803.
The OPTIMASS 6400 is the first KROHNE mass flowmeter to feature the new signal converter MFC 400. Since KROHNE introduced the world’s first mass flowmeter with digital signal processing in the mid 1980s, KROHNE has always been at the forefront of cutting edge electronics technology. The MFC 400 incorporates KROHNE’s latest ‘state of the art’ digital electronics. The fast, completely digital, signal processing of the MFC 400 provides the EGM feature, as well as an outstanding dynamic density measurement. Together they provide a very accurate volume flow output and mass measurement. The MFC 400 provides enhanced diagnostic and status indications according to NAMUR NE 107 and will subsequently be available for all OPTIMASS mass flowmeters.
About KROHNE: KROHNE is a full-service provider for process measuring technology for the measurement of flow, mass flow, level, pressure and temperature as well as analytical tasks. Founded in 1921 and headquartered in Duisburg, Germany, the company employs over 2,700 people all over the world and is present on all continents. KROHNE stands for innovation and maximum product quality and is one of the market leaders in industrial process measuring technology.
OPTIMASS 6400: new twin bent tube Coriolis mass flowmeter for liquid and gas applications
Tel: 011 314 1391
Date Posted: 2012-06-18
Posted By: Krohne (Pty) Ltd
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Electrical or Gas Services&Products, Pumps & Valves, Engineering,
More Company News
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home