Plettenberg Bay in South Africa
Recent Company News
- Cheap Flights to South Africa
- Soap Star shines in Plett
- Whale Watching in Plettenberg Bay
- Charming Towns Along the Garden Route
- The Bloukrans Bungy: Highest commercial bungee jump in the world
- Plettenberg Bay - Nature lovers ideal haven
- S.A's Beautiful Garden Route and Much More
- Self-catering Accomodation the Best way to Travel
- Plettenberg Bay - Home Of Unspoiled Natural Beauty
- Plettenberg Bay a Holiday Maker's Dream
- Garden Route-The Route 66 of SA
Plettenberg Bay is known as the 'playground of the rich' in South Africa. The area has some of the most beautiful scenery in the country, as well as lush vegetation. The warm sea water and white sandy beaches makes Plettenberg Bay the best place for luxury accommodation.
Spending the weekend or a long holiday in this Garden Route attraction is one you will not easily forget. Plettenberg Bay accommodation is some of the best B&B's, resorts and hotels in the country, and that only suits the luxury town. Although, backpackers and other accommodation is available as well, the experience alone is what you want, with nature reserves abound and many outdoor activities.
As a holiday maker, stopping over in Plettenberg Bay will only be worth your while, as Gerald Crawford will elaborate on in the article below on why this is the case. Use the link to view relating articles on Garden Route/Plettenberg Bay Accommodation.
Plettenberg Bay in South Africa - 210 Km From Port Elizabeth
By Gerald Crawford
Originally christened "Bahia Formosa" (beautiful bay) by early Portuguese explorers, Plettenberg Bay can now be accessed by first class national roads, by sea or by scheduled air flights.
The great forests lying at the feet of the fabled Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma mountains are the gateway to the incredible indigenous African wealth of Plettenberg Bay, which lies on South Africa's spectacular south coast 210 kms from Port Elizabeth and +/- 600 km from Cape Town.
The Outeniqua-Tsitsikamma indigenous forests are a unique mixture of Cape Fynbos and temperate forest and offer the nature lover world-renowned hiking trails and an exciting opportunity to see the last remaining forest elephants of South Africa. The entire area teems with birdlife. Nearly 300 species are to be found in the great variety of habitats ranging from fynbos to forest to wetlands.
No less than ten important nature reserves embrace the varied ecosystems of the area as well as unique marine reserves, home to soft coral reefs, dolphins, seals and a host of other marine life. The bay itself is Nursery to the endangered Southern Right Whale which come here to calve in the winter and spring (July to December).
The area is of course a sports paradise and boasts fabulous trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horse riders and canoeists. The highlight of the area is undoubtedly the rivers, beaches and the bay with its ideal conditions for all facets of watersports, including sailing in the safe waters of the Bay, superb rock and surf fishing and scuba diving spots.
Alternately one can simply stroll along its clean, sandy beaches stretching for miles along the Indian Ocean or enjoy its safe swimming areas. At night, Plettenberg Bay is alive with pubs, night-spots and fine restaurants. A wide range of accommodation offers luxury hotels, exclusive country retreats, cosy bed and breakfasts, self-catering chalets and excellent camping facilities .
Date Posted: 2009-06-19
Posted By: Villa Formosa
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Hotels & Restaurants, Entertainment, Tourism & Travel,
More Company News
- Garden Route-The Route 66 of SA
- Travel the Garden Route South Africa
- The Benefits of Self Catering Holiday Accommodation
- The Garden Route - Natural Beauty
- Plettenberg Bay - The Beautiful Bay
- Plettenberg Bay in South Africa
- Garden Route Accommodation
- Top 10 Tourist Destinations in South Africa
- Plettenberg bay Travel accomodation - Self catering holiday
- Plettenberg bay holiday Luxury Villas - Villa Formosa
- Plettenberg Bay Accomodation - Welcome to Villa Formosa
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home