Shaping tomorrow's leaders
Recent Company News
- Top tips to protect your child's identity
- Stay safe on the roads
- Time is money: Tips to help you use yours well
- Don’t be a statistic: 4 tips to avoid motorcycle hijacking
- Own the open road: Tips for trucking owner-drivers looking to improve their bottom line
- Car hire: read the fine print
- Understanding your blue light rights
- Small business deserves to be a bigger priority
- MiWay’s BusinessAssist service set to promote growth in the SME sector
- The Car Wash Conundrum: How to avoid South Africa’s latest crime trend
- MiWay launches disaster relief fund
2017 is off to an excellent start for two promising South African learners who were each awarded a R40,000 tertiary education bursary as part of MiWay’s Men and Women In The Making Project. This CSI project, inspired by Tracker’s Men in the Making initiative, provides hands-on assistance to promising learners in need. It also forms part of the organisation’s MiHeart Project, which has already facilitated computer literacy for over 4,000 learners across the country.
Eight high school students were selected last year to partake in the programme, based on their academic results as well as their financial needs, and paired with MiWay mentors who provided career guidance and life skills designed to equip them for life beyond the classroom.
The programme, which recently expanded to include young girls, is facilitated by managers from MiWay, who provide ongoing support for the youngsters as they work their way through their final year of studies.
“At MiWay, we’re passionate about the future of South Africa and this incredible programme is something we’ve launched with a view to really driving positive change through education,” says Nthabiseng Moloi, Head of Marketing & Brand of MiWay Insurance. “We believe that by uplifting our youth during this sensitive stage of their development, we’ll be able to assist them in reaching their full potential and create positive agents for transformation in this country.”
While only the top two performers were granted bursaries, all participants in the programme are now eligible to apply for an accredited learnership, which affords them both practical work experience and theoretical learning opportunities, enabling them to go on to achieve a registered qualification.
This year, the initiative will once again prove invaluable for another round of learners in need, with each student being allocated their own individual mentor – a further improvement to the programme.
“Whereas last year each mentor was allocated two students, this year will see each learner receive undivided attention from their assigned mentor, something which we hope will drive even more positive results,” says Moloi.
MiWay is an Authorised Financial Services Provider (Licence no: 33970)
Date Posted: 2017-02-28
Posted By: MiWay Insurance Limited
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Financial services,
More Company News
- MiWay launches disaster relief fund
- How to avoid buying a water-damaged car
- What happens when you neglect your home maintenance?
- Tips to improve your safety on the roads
- The fine print: Understanding the rules of the road
- The risks of business ownership
- Cover your assets: Things to consider when buying a car
- Shaping tomorrow's leaders
- MiWay backs a winning team
- New MiWay App feature that no road user should be without
- MiWay sponsors 40th Wally Hayward Marathon
- TREAD collaborates with MiWay on MiWayMTB TV show
- MiWayMTB and TREAD team up to offer MTB skills clinics
- Want to improve your MTB performance?
- MiWay keeps its promises
- What should a biker insure? A motorcycle insurance checklist for your peace of mind.
- MiWay Insurance creates jobs in Bloemfontein
- Customers show their support for MiWay
- MiWay and Tracker SA tie the knot
- Insurance innovation: MiWay fixes premiums for three years
- Car Insurance - Parts used to repair insured cars may not compromise safety!
- Useful tips for finding cheaper car insurance!
- MiWay clients benefit from Europ Assistance SA's highly equipped call centre.
- What to consider when deciding on Car Insurance.
- Home Insurance from MiWay
- MiWay.co.za - A South African Insurance Provider
- Miway to Profile Driver Behaviour for More accurate Premiums
- Insure your Boat with MiWay
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home