MiWayMTB and TREAD team up to offer MTB skills clinics
Recent Company News
- Home rental 101: Making the right move
- The claim game: Is your cover sufficient?
- Think like a start-up: 3 lessons for big business
- Why transport matters: The economy depends on it
- 5 Success hacks to grow your business
- 4 Reasons why co-working could be the key to kick-starting small business
- A 7-step guide to starting your own trade business
- Women’s Month focus: 5 Safety tips for women on the road
- 5 Successful business women share their secrets
- When you can’t speak: Top tips for ensuring emergency teams can access your information
- MiWay treats 100 families this Mandela Day
In an effort to improve the South African mountain biking experience even further, MiWayMTB, the mountain bike initiative driven by direct insurer MiWay, has teamed up with TREAD Magazine’s very successful skills improvement initiative.
Started in April 2010, TREAD Skills Clinics have helped improve the skills of hundreds of mountain bikers through a combination of improved control, comfort and confidence.
According to MiWayMTB’s Carine Conradie, the clinics are designed to equip mountain biking enthusiasts with the skills they need to safely enjoy the sport. “TREAD editor, Sean Badenhorst, and his team will provide riders with tips and techniques to help maximise their performance while making the whole experience as enjoyable – and as painless – as possible,” says Conradie.
The clinics cater for newcomers and more experienced riders looking to sharpen their technical skills and improve specific performance areas. The clinics are broken into two levels, 101 and 201 in order to cover all the relevant areas of importance. Once a rider has graduated from a 101 level, he or she may then, after some weeks of practising, attend a 201 clinic. A Confidence Clinic will be also introduced for those brand new to mountain biking.
“Mountain biking enjoyment and fulfillment can only really be achieved when you have the confidence to tackle the various trail or race obstacles such as ruts, roots, rocks, drop-offs, steep ascents and descents etc,” says Badenhorst.. “Our clinics are designed to teach mountain bikers the correct technique to be able to conquer these obstacles and are appropriate for all mountain bikers. Our clinics are also very popular with road cyclists converting to mountain biking.”
To participate in TREAD Skills Clinics, presented by MiWayMTB, simply email email@example.com or visit http://mtb.miway.co.za for more information. You can also join the MiWayMTB Facebook fan page on http://www.facebook.com/miwaymtb
MiWayMTB is an initiative by direct insurer MiWay, to encourage broad participation in MTB. As well as developing niche insurance products for this fast-growing community, MiWayMTB sponsors races, events and a dedicated SuperSport TV show - MiWayMTB. Community interaction is encouraged through the group's Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/miwaymtb, where MTB enthusiasts can also find news, product reviews, event details and race results.
Head of Marketing
Cell: 082 410 4465
Date Posted: 2011-08-02
Posted By: MiWay Insurance Limited
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Financial services,
More Company News
- MiWay treats 100 families this Mandela Day
- Theft on the move: How to safeguard goods and personnel in transit
- Reducing the risk of remote jamming
- Understand the difference between voidance and cancellation of an insurance policy
- Making money from your baking hobby
- The entrepreneurial case for a co-working space
- Safe driving depends on safe braking: 5 tips to keep you safe
- Health and Safety: The recipe for a better logistics industry
- MiWay sponsors Wally Hayward Marathon for third consecutive year
- Vehicle overloading: Don’t put your business at risk
- Your employees are your greatest asset – manage them well
- Keep your cover in check – important insurance points to ponder
- Passion is the key to entrepreneurial success
- Is your tracking company tracking you correctly?
- Top tips to protect your child's identity
- Stay safe on the roads
- Time is money: Tips to help you use yours well
- Don’t be a statistic: 4 tips to avoid motorcycle hijacking
- Own the open road: Tips for trucking owner-drivers looking to improve their bottom line
- Car hire: read the fine print
- Understanding your blue light rights
- Small business deserves to be a bigger priority
- MiWay’s BusinessAssist service set to promote growth in the SME sector
- The Car Wash Conundrum: How to avoid South Africa’s latest crime trend
- MiWay launches disaster relief fund
- How to avoid buying a water-damaged car
- What happens when you neglect your home maintenance?
- Tips to improve your safety on the roads
- The fine print: Understanding the rules of the road
- The risks of business ownership
- Cover your assets: Things to consider when buying a car
- Shaping tomorrow's leaders
- MiWay backs a winning team
- New MiWay App feature that no road user should be without
- MiWay sponsors 40th Wally Hayward Marathon
- TREAD collaborates with MiWay on MiWayMTB TV show
- MiWayMTB and TREAD team up to offer MTB skills clinics
- Want to improve your MTB performance?
- MiWay keeps its promises
- What should a biker insure? A motorcycle insurance checklist for your peace of mind.
- MiWay Insurance creates jobs in Bloemfontein
- Customers show their support for MiWay
- MiWay and Tracker SA tie the knot
- Insurance innovation: MiWay fixes premiums for three years
- Car Insurance - Parts used to repair insured cars may not compromise safety!
- Useful tips for finding cheaper car insurance!
- MiWay clients benefit from Europ Assistance SA's highly equipped call centre.
- What to consider when deciding on Car Insurance.
- Home Insurance from MiWay
- MiWay.co.za - A South African Insurance Provider
- Miway to Profile Driver Behaviour for More accurate Premiums
- Insure your Boat with MiWay
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home