MiWay Insurance creates jobs in Bloemfontein
Recent Company News
- Top tips to protect your child's identity
- Stay safe on the roads
- Time is money: Tips to help you use yours well
- Don’t be a statistic: 4 tips to avoid motorcycle hijacking
- Own the open road: Tips for trucking owner-drivers looking to improve their bottom line
- Car hire: read the fine print
- Understanding your blue light rights
- Small business deserves to be a bigger priority
- MiWay’s BusinessAssist service set to promote growth in the SME sector
- The Car Wash Conundrum: How to avoid South Africa’s latest crime trend
- MiWay launches disaster relief fund
As it continues to expand on the back of innovative and affordable insurance solutions, MiWay has announced that it has opened a contact centre in Bloemfontein, a key central city.
In so doing, MiWay is creating opportunities for the residents of the city while boosting its ability to effectively deliver the customer service upon which its reputation rests.
MiWay CEO René Otto is himself a former resident of the city, and as such says he takes great pleasure in playing a role in its economy.
"When we looked at the next location to grow our business, it was obvious that a real opportunity was presented in central South Africa." he says.
Globally, contact centres have provided opportunities for the creation of employment in remote areas, given their ability to deliver service regardless of location. That's something which Otto says MiWay took into account in identifying the placement of its next facility.
"As such, rather than adding to the existing offices in Gauteng, MiWay wanted to grow capability elsewhere in the country," Otto says.
"We're tapping into the often underestimated talent and skills of people living in the Free State; they don't need to 'semigrate' to Gauteng to enjoy these opportunities."
Furthermore, Otto says the regional strengths of Bloemfontein will feed into the company's national network.
He explains how: "This contact centre will specialise in the Afrikaans market, servicing these clients in a language most comfortable for them - again, supporting our promise at MiWay to do things our customer's way."
Initially, the contact centre will create jobs for some 60 people; Otto confirms that on its present growth trajectory, it is likely that this number will increase in the near future.
"Plans are definitely in the works to expand this office as the business develops."
At its Bloemfontein centre, Otto says a sound opportunity is created for the introduction of individuals who have completed Matric or some tertiary studies to the world of business, computers and telephony.
"We will provide training and there is definite opportunity for career advancement for hard working, focused people," he notes.
And as a former resident, Otto says he looks forward to rekindling and deepening his involvement with a city which holds personal significance for him.
MiWay Insurance Ltd. is an authorised financial services company that offers a full range of financial services direct to the consumer. MiWay’s initial offering includes short-term insurance, motor warranty and credit life but there are long term plans to extend this offering to a complete array of services all under one convenient umbrella.
Date Posted: 2010-08-12
Posted By: MiWay Insurance Limited
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Financial services,
More Company News
- MiWay launches disaster relief fund
- How to avoid buying a water-damaged car
- What happens when you neglect your home maintenance?
- Tips to improve your safety on the roads
- The fine print: Understanding the rules of the road
- The risks of business ownership
- Cover your assets: Things to consider when buying a car
- Shaping tomorrow's leaders
- MiWay backs a winning team
- New MiWay App feature that no road user should be without
- MiWay sponsors 40th Wally Hayward Marathon
- TREAD collaborates with MiWay on MiWayMTB TV show
- MiWayMTB and TREAD team up to offer MTB skills clinics
- Want to improve your MTB performance?
- MiWay keeps its promises
- What should a biker insure? A motorcycle insurance checklist for your peace of mind.
- MiWay Insurance creates jobs in Bloemfontein
- Customers show their support for MiWay
- MiWay and Tracker SA tie the knot
- Insurance innovation: MiWay fixes premiums for three years
- Car Insurance - Parts used to repair insured cars may not compromise safety!
- Useful tips for finding cheaper car insurance!
- MiWay clients benefit from Europ Assistance SA's highly equipped call centre.
- What to consider when deciding on Car Insurance.
- Home Insurance from MiWay
- MiWay.co.za - A South African Insurance Provider
- Miway to Profile Driver Behaviour for More accurate Premiums
- Insure your Boat with MiWay
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home