MiWay and Tracker SA tie the knot
Recent Company News
- 5 Success hacks to grow your business
- 4 Reasons why co-working could be the key to kick-starting small business
- A 7-step guide to starting your own trade business
- Women’s Month focus: 5 Safety tips for women on the road
- 5 Successful business women share their secrets
- When you can’t speak: Top tips for ensuring emergency teams can access your information
- MiWay treats 100 families this Mandela Day
- Theft on the move: How to safeguard goods and personnel in transit
- Reducing the risk of remote jamming
- Understand the difference between voidance and cancellation of an insurance policy
- Making money from your baking hobby
MiWay has announced their partnership with Tracker SA, one of South Africa’s leading vehicle tracking companies. The new partnership will see Tracker supply the next generation MiDriveStyle rating and tracking devices for MiWay.
MiWay CEO, René Otto, said that with the introduction of the second generation MiDriveStyle device, MiWay looked for an innovative, industry specialist within the tracking and recovery industry.
“Our requirements are that our partner specialises in tracking and recovery, manufactures a world-class device for our MiDriveStyle offer but can also offer this at an affordable price. We believe that we have found this in Tracker… their track record speaks for itself!”
Launched in February 2009, MiDriveStyle was a first-of-a-kind individualised and behaviour-linked insurance offer. With MiDriveStyle, South African consumers could, for the first time, influence their own insurance premium by managing their actual driving behaviour. Since the launch of MiDriveStyle, MiWay has been pioneering the concept of individualised insurance premiums through innovation and out-of-the-box thinking.
MiDriveStyle is a MiWay-strategic priority, driven primarily by consumer demand. Otto says that more and more consumers are demanding individual premiums based on their unique profile, needs and behaviour. “They are no longer satisfied with basket premiums based on the perceived collective characteristics of certain demographic groups. The MiDriveStyle product makes it possible for traditionally high risk groups, e.g. young drivers under the age of 25, to lower their premiums by proving that they are better drivers than their peers.”
“We believe that MiWay, positioned as an innovative industry leader, is perfectly placed to take advantage of this opportunity, which is in line with our promise of providing South African consumers with ground-breaking insurance solutions that aim to make insurance more affordable and convenient.”
With a substantial national presence, Tracker SA is well positioned to provide the necessary infrastructure to support the MiDriveStyle offer, says Sales Director Michael Nieuwoudt. “Not only can we meet the technical and cost specifications for the rating and tracking device, but we also have on-the-ground capability to meet the needs of MiWay customers across the country”, he concludes.
Date Posted: 2010-03-05
Posted By: MiWay Insurance Limited
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Financial services,
More Company News
- Making money from your baking hobby
- The entrepreneurial case for a co-working space
- Safe driving depends on safe braking: 5 tips to keep you safe
- Health and Safety: The recipe for a better logistics industry
- MiWay sponsors Wally Hayward Marathon for third consecutive year
- Vehicle overloading: Don’t put your business at risk
- Your employees are your greatest asset – manage them well
- Keep your cover in check – important insurance points to ponder
- Passion is the key to entrepreneurial success
- Is your tracking company tracking you correctly?
- Top tips to protect your child's identity
- Stay safe on the roads
- Time is money: Tips to help you use yours well
- Don’t be a statistic: 4 tips to avoid motorcycle hijacking
- Own the open road: Tips for trucking owner-drivers looking to improve their bottom line
- Car hire: read the fine print
- Understanding your blue light rights
- Small business deserves to be a bigger priority
- MiWay’s BusinessAssist service set to promote growth in the SME sector
- The Car Wash Conundrum: How to avoid South Africa’s latest crime trend
- MiWay launches disaster relief fund
- How to avoid buying a water-damaged car
- What happens when you neglect your home maintenance?
- Tips to improve your safety on the roads
- The fine print: Understanding the rules of the road
- The risks of business ownership
- Cover your assets: Things to consider when buying a car
- Shaping tomorrow's leaders
- MiWay backs a winning team
- New MiWay App feature that no road user should be without
- MiWay sponsors 40th Wally Hayward Marathon
- TREAD collaborates with MiWay on MiWayMTB TV show
- MiWayMTB and TREAD team up to offer MTB skills clinics
- Want to improve your MTB performance?
- MiWay keeps its promises
- What should a biker insure? A motorcycle insurance checklist for your peace of mind.
- MiWay Insurance creates jobs in Bloemfontein
- Customers show their support for MiWay
- MiWay and Tracker SA tie the knot
- Insurance innovation: MiWay fixes premiums for three years
- Car Insurance - Parts used to repair insured cars may not compromise safety!
- Useful tips for finding cheaper car insurance!
- MiWay clients benefit from Europ Assistance SA's highly equipped call centre.
- What to consider when deciding on Car Insurance.
- Home Insurance from MiWay
- MiWay.co.za - A South African Insurance Provider
- Miway to Profile Driver Behaviour for More accurate Premiums
- Insure your Boat with MiWay
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home