Insurance innovation: MiWay fixes premiums for three years
Recent Company News
- 5 Success hacks to grow your business
- 4 Reasons why co-working could be the key to kick-starting small business
- A 7-step guide to starting your own trade business
- Women’s Month focus: 5 Safety tips for women on the road
- 5 Successful business women share their secrets
- When you can’t speak: Top tips for ensuring emergency teams can access your information
- MiWay treats 100 families this Mandela Day
- Theft on the move: How to safeguard goods and personnel in transit
- Reducing the risk of remote jamming
- Understand the difference between voidance and cancellation of an insurance policy
- Making money from your baking hobby
MiWay has launched yet another industry first in the fiercely competitive short-term insurance market. The company, which burst onto the scene in 2008 and shook up the establishment with its innovative approach, is now offering the opportunity to fix premiums for 36 months. This gives under-pressure consumers the assurance that at (where their insurance premiums are concerned) inflation is no longer a worry.
MiWay CEO René Otto points out that the concept was borne out of the number one irritation that clients express with their insurers: the annual premium increase. “In our efforts to understand and empathise with our customers, it became clear that a premium increase every year spelled increased financial pressure and just plain annoyance for many people. That directly led to the development of a Premium Guarantee,” he says.
While Otto says annual and even interim premium increases are a business necessity, MiWay’s actuaries have worked to create a product that offers longer-term budgeting security for its customers. “What we stressed in the design of this product is that it should offer the best of both worlds – affordable, quality cover without the annual escalation.”
The product is available to both new and existing MiWay customers.
“This is just another example of MiWay’s commitment to revolutionising the way South Africans view direct financial services. It adds to our other firsts, which include online buying (and not just quoting) of short-term insurance cover, online self-management of policies, as well as the MiDriveStyle product which lets the individual influence their premium based on the way they drive,” Otto adds.
He says it remains MiWay’s commitment to not only listen to what its customers say, but also to seek meaningful solutions to their concerns in the form of insurance products which push the boundaries of what is considered possible.
Date Posted: 2010-02-09
Posted By: MiWay Insurance Limited
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Financial services,
More Company News
- Making money from your baking hobby
- The entrepreneurial case for a co-working space
- Safe driving depends on safe braking: 5 tips to keep you safe
- Health and Safety: The recipe for a better logistics industry
- MiWay sponsors Wally Hayward Marathon for third consecutive year
- Vehicle overloading: Don’t put your business at risk
- Your employees are your greatest asset – manage them well
- Keep your cover in check – important insurance points to ponder
- Passion is the key to entrepreneurial success
- Is your tracking company tracking you correctly?
- Top tips to protect your child's identity
- Stay safe on the roads
- Time is money: Tips to help you use yours well
- Don’t be a statistic: 4 tips to avoid motorcycle hijacking
- Own the open road: Tips for trucking owner-drivers looking to improve their bottom line
- Car hire: read the fine print
- Understanding your blue light rights
- Small business deserves to be a bigger priority
- MiWay’s BusinessAssist service set to promote growth in the SME sector
- The Car Wash Conundrum: How to avoid South Africa’s latest crime trend
- MiWay launches disaster relief fund
- How to avoid buying a water-damaged car
- What happens when you neglect your home maintenance?
- Tips to improve your safety on the roads
- The fine print: Understanding the rules of the road
- The risks of business ownership
- Cover your assets: Things to consider when buying a car
- Shaping tomorrow's leaders
- MiWay backs a winning team
- New MiWay App feature that no road user should be without
- MiWay sponsors 40th Wally Hayward Marathon
- TREAD collaborates with MiWay on MiWayMTB TV show
- MiWayMTB and TREAD team up to offer MTB skills clinics
- Want to improve your MTB performance?
- MiWay keeps its promises
- What should a biker insure? A motorcycle insurance checklist for your peace of mind.
- MiWay Insurance creates jobs in Bloemfontein
- Customers show their support for MiWay
- MiWay and Tracker SA tie the knot
- Insurance innovation: MiWay fixes premiums for three years
- Car Insurance - Parts used to repair insured cars may not compromise safety!
- Useful tips for finding cheaper car insurance!
- MiWay clients benefit from Europ Assistance SA's highly equipped call centre.
- What to consider when deciding on Car Insurance.
- Home Insurance from MiWay
- MiWay.co.za - A South African Insurance Provider
- Miway to Profile Driver Behaviour for More accurate Premiums
- Insure your Boat with MiWay
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home