Useful tips for finding cheaper car insurance!
Recent Company News
- Home rental 101: Making the right move
- The claim game: Is your cover sufficient?
- Think like a start-up: 3 lessons for big business
- Why transport matters: The economy depends on it
- 5 Success hacks to grow your business
- 4 Reasons why co-working could be the key to kick-starting small business
- A 7-step guide to starting your own trade business
- Women’s Month focus: 5 Safety tips for women on the road
- 5 Successful business women share their secrets
- When you can’t speak: Top tips for ensuring emergency teams can access your information
- MiWay treats 100 families this Mandela Day
If like most of us your money runs out before the month does, why not save on your short term car insurance? By following a few simple guidelines, you could potentially save a few bucks each month, and even more when calculated over a year. Car insurance doesn't have to be complicated to understand and because contracts are month-to-month, often without a notice period, why not start saving right away! Here are our top tips that you may wish to consider:
- Shop around - shopping around and comparing quotes from different insurers could be well worth your time and effort. Use the Internet to find insurers in your market
- Use online comparison website - search the Internet for websites that will gather and compare insure quotes on your behalf. Thereby saving not only time but also effort and money.
- Online insurance - various insurers offer a special discount when buying or requesting an online quote.
- Look for special offers - with more and more companies entering the short term insurance market, competition is forcing premiums downwards and insurers will have special offers from time to time or on specific products.
- Find a niche insurer - if you belong to a particular group such as a pilot, a woman or your professional, look out for insurers that offer specialist products and pricing for your group.
- Additional safety features - simply adding additional safety features to your car such as a tracking device or anti-hijacking device could make insuring your vehicle cheaper in the long term. Weigh-up the cost of installing the device vs the saving in premium.
- Consider a higher voluntary excess - most car insurance companies will give you a discount when opting for a higher excess.
- And lastly - when next buying a car, consider the colour and make of the car you choose. The bigger the engine capacity, the darker the colour and imported vehicles are all more expensive to insure.
With most car insurance companies claiming to offer cheaper car insurance, it's difficult to know where the real savings are. The trick is to not only compare price but to make sure you compare the benefits offered. Also carefully read the small print and consider how claims are handled by prospective insurers.
MiWay is the first company in the South African insurance industry to dedicate a page for Compliments & Complaints on their website. The website is renowned for being transparent, as we publish all comments made by clients and potential clients alike. We view negative feedback as valuable, and appreciate the opportunity to get things going your way again quickly and efficiently.
MiWay offers competitive premiums on car insurance, home contents insurance, all risk insurance, buildings insurance, credit life and motor warranty products. For more information visit MiWay
Date Posted: 2009-07-08
Posted By: MiWay Insurance Limited
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Financial services,
More Company News
- MiWay treats 100 families this Mandela Day
- Theft on the move: How to safeguard goods and personnel in transit
- Reducing the risk of remote jamming
- Understand the difference between voidance and cancellation of an insurance policy
- Making money from your baking hobby
- The entrepreneurial case for a co-working space
- Safe driving depends on safe braking: 5 tips to keep you safe
- Health and Safety: The recipe for a better logistics industry
- MiWay sponsors Wally Hayward Marathon for third consecutive year
- Vehicle overloading: Don’t put your business at risk
- Your employees are your greatest asset – manage them well
- Keep your cover in check – important insurance points to ponder
- Passion is the key to entrepreneurial success
- Is your tracking company tracking you correctly?
- Top tips to protect your child's identity
- Stay safe on the roads
- Time is money: Tips to help you use yours well
- Don’t be a statistic: 4 tips to avoid motorcycle hijacking
- Own the open road: Tips for trucking owner-drivers looking to improve their bottom line
- Car hire: read the fine print
- Understanding your blue light rights
- Small business deserves to be a bigger priority
- MiWay’s BusinessAssist service set to promote growth in the SME sector
- The Car Wash Conundrum: How to avoid South Africa’s latest crime trend
- MiWay launches disaster relief fund
- How to avoid buying a water-damaged car
- What happens when you neglect your home maintenance?
- Tips to improve your safety on the roads
- The fine print: Understanding the rules of the road
- The risks of business ownership
- Cover your assets: Things to consider when buying a car
- Shaping tomorrow's leaders
- MiWay backs a winning team
- New MiWay App feature that no road user should be without
- MiWay sponsors 40th Wally Hayward Marathon
- TREAD collaborates with MiWay on MiWayMTB TV show
- MiWayMTB and TREAD team up to offer MTB skills clinics
- Want to improve your MTB performance?
- MiWay keeps its promises
- What should a biker insure? A motorcycle insurance checklist for your peace of mind.
- MiWay Insurance creates jobs in Bloemfontein
- Customers show their support for MiWay
- MiWay and Tracker SA tie the knot
- Insurance innovation: MiWay fixes premiums for three years
- Car Insurance - Parts used to repair insured cars may not compromise safety!
- Useful tips for finding cheaper car insurance!
- MiWay clients benefit from Europ Assistance SA's highly equipped call centre.
- What to consider when deciding on Car Insurance.
- Home Insurance from MiWay
- MiWay.co.za - A South African Insurance Provider
- Miway to Profile Driver Behaviour for More accurate Premiums
- Insure your Boat with MiWay
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home