THE PERFECT WEDDING
Perfect Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas
Recent Company News
- Bridal Dreams Made Easy
- All the Bridal Ideas You Need to Know
- For a Grand Wedding Ceremony, Get Wedding Tips from The Perfect Wedding
- Choosing The Best Wedding Reception Venues in Stellenbosch
- Wedding Music in Cape Town for Your Perfect Wedding Day
- Getting Married in Capet Town, South Africa
- The Perfect Wedding Your Ideal Wedding Directory
- Beautiful Wedding Cakes for The Perfect Wedding
- The Perfect Wedding - The Ideal Wedding Service Providers
- Helping Dream Up Perfect Weddings in SA
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
Of course we all know that a wedding is the best time in a woman’s life, there are women who look forward to their wedding day for their whole lives, and they all want it to be a Perfect Wedding. Decorating for wedding receptions, whether your own or as a part time job, can either be very hard work or very fun depending on how you go about it.
The extent of the decoration at a wedding reception depends on the size of the wedding and if the wedding has a theme or not. Wedding reception decorations must also be within the couple’s budget for the wedding, unless the family is traditional and the father of the bride is paying, then go nuts.
Everyone wants to have a perfect wedding, Jayashree Pakhare explores some ideas to think about with regards to keeping the cost of perfect wedding reception down.
As was stated earlier, the budget, the size of the wedding and possible themes all influence wedding reception decorations. Using very simple and inexpensive decorations that can be handled by the bride and groom alone can be a way of cutting the cost of any wedding.
It can be just as simple as getting a few things from a craft store and putting them together; flowers (real or imitation) can be placed in a vase with beautiful colored stones that are preferably the colors chosen for the wedding. These can be used as centerpieces on the tables. Colored tablecloths are usually also available at either craft or department stores.
Another great idea for inexpensive weddings where there will be lots of children attending is to use white paper for tablecloths and provide guests with colored pens or pencils and crayons for any children attending and have the guest write or draw (as the case may be) notes to the bride and groom. This is not only a great decorating idea, but can be saved as a memorial of the happy day.
Even themed weddings can be very simple and inexpensive. Some ideas might be a Christmas theme that emphasizes the colors red, white and green. Red tablecloths with mini decorated Christmas trees can be used to decorate the tables. There are also appropriately colored napkins and serving sets that can be used to decorate the reception. Soft, mellow Christmas carols make for wonderful background music, with small stockings or ornaments as favors.
Candles are one decoration that can be used in almost any wedding no matter how inexpensive or elaborate the wedding. Candles are especially nice if it is an evening wedding and the reception hall is dimly lit. This can make for a very beautiful and romantic atmosphere. Add beautifully decorated satin tablecloths and some greenery and you have a very, very romantic setting. This is especially beautiful if the hall is large and there are many guests. Add soft background music and you have a wonderful wedding reception area.
Weddings with themes are also great for getting decorating ideas as in the Christmas theme above. Fall is another nice theme that can be either informal or as formal as you would like. Color combinations such as burgundy and hunter, or wine and navy are just a couple of the many color choices for more formal fall weddings. There are also several red, orange, and yellow flowers to go with this theme such as marigolds, apricot lilies, rust and burgundy hydrangeas. Once again, candles either colored orange or hand painted are a magnificent centerpiece, arranged with a small amount of greenery.
Of course there are other themes that are great for weddings, medieval feasts, ethnic weddings, some of which are absolutely beautiful to behold such as the Japanese and South Korean style weddings.
Other decorations that can make wedding receptions beautiful are rose petals either as table decorations or floating on a pool of water.
Decorating for a wedding reception can be simple or fancy, expensive or inexpensive all according to the needs and the taste of the bride and groom. It can be quite easy and done by the couple or friends of the bride and groom or can it can be done professionally with someone like Perfect Weddings. Either way with just a few good ideas decorating can be fun and seem elegant when finished.
Decorating for a wedding reception or other wedding related function does not need to be stressful or difficult.
By Jayashree Pakhare
Date Posted: 2009-09-22
Posted By: THE PERFECT WEDDING
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Miscellaneous,
More Company News
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
- Wedding Cakes in Cape Town
- The Perfect Wedding in Cape Town
- South African Wedding, The Greatest Day of Your Life
- Cape Wedding Venues
- Weddings in Cape Town
- Wedding Ideas - Ideas on Coming Up With Wedding Needs
- How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Venue
- How to Plan a Wedding: Are You Planning Your Own Wedding?
- Simple Steps to Create a Wedding Budget
- Perfect Wedding Decorating ideas
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Perfect Wedding Invitation Wording
- Your Wedding and Your Friends
- Signs to Determine If He Is Interested In Marriage
- Perfect Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas
- Creating Your Own Wedding Website
- South African Wedding on a Shoestring
- Ten Things to Avoid on Your Wedding Day
- Helpful Hints on Wedding Dress Styles and More
- Creating a Budget list for Your Wedding
- Save at your Wedding by Going Green and Giving Back
- Choose Your Wedding Day Hairstyle
- Planning a Themed Wedding!!!
- Wedding Venues For Your Dream Wedding
- Choosing Wedding Music
- Handy Pointers for Wedding Dress Ideas
- Wedding Cars 2009
- The Perfect Wedding Dress
- Beach Weddings - Most Memorable
- Finding Affordable Wedding Jewelry
- Deciding on a Wedding Cake
- Choosing Your Wedding Favors
- Top Wedding Dress Trends For 2009 and 2010
- Wedding Venues - Tips to Choosing a Great Venue
- Wedding Rings - Styles and Trends
- How to Choose a Wedding Photographer
- Selecting Photos You Want Taken on Your Wedding Day
- Wedding Dresses
- Five Wedding Preparation and Planning Mistakes
- Modern Wedding Invitations vs Traditional Wedding Invitations
- Outdoor Weddings - Truly Memorable
- Wedding Hairstyle Tips
- Wedding Flowers Done Affordably
- wedding dresses and tuxedos renting options
- Wedding Ideas - a Festival of Colour
- Wedding Flowers create the Mood for Love
- Honeymoon Gifts - Asking For Money As a Wedding Gift
- Wedding insurance - Protecting your Big Day
- After the Wedding day: Getting your Baby to Sleep
- Catering for your Wedding
- Take the Stress out of your Wedding Vows
- Ideas for Bridal/Wedding Shower Games
- Wedding Ring options for Men
- Wedding Cakes - Why you should Experiment
- Weddding Toasts - What to Say and When to Say it
- Wedding Favours - Sentimental money Savers
- Tattoo wedding Rings-Why you Should consider It.
- Going Green for your Wedding (Without Compromising)
- Wedding Speech Pointers for the Best Man
- Moving in Together before the Wedding - Good or Bad?
- Credit Crunch hits the SA Wedding industry
- Anniversaries - Make sure to Maintain your Marriage
- Manage the Stress of Planning your Marriage
- Use Foreign Traditions to Spice up your Wedding Day
- Make your Marriage last - 5 Tips to Start on the Right foot
- Gifts for your Groomsmen - Choosing Appropriately
- Late night Vegas Weddings a Thing of the Past
- Flowers - What would your Wedding be Without Them?
- Dressing up the Flower Girl for Your Wedding Day
- Popping the Question: 6 Ways to Help you Get a Yes
- Make your Wedding Theme as Visible as Possible
- Picking the Perfect Jewellery for the Bride
- Getting Married? How to Write your Wedding Invitations
- Financing Weddings: Wedding Loans can Help you Out
- Wedding Dresses - Let the Groom Have a Say
- Getting Ready for your Wedding Dress Alteration
- Marketing Strategies For Wedding Photographers
- 2009 Wedding Trends
- A Song to Last Forever - The Perfect Walking Down the Aisle Wedding Songs
- Cape Town wedding photographers
- A beach wedding in Cape Town
- Buying the Perfect Diamond Engagement Ring
- A winter wedding in Cape Town
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Planning a wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home