THE PERFECT WEDDING
Choosing Your Wedding Favors
Recent Company News
- Bridal Dreams Made Easy
- All the Bridal Ideas You Need to Know
- For a Grand Wedding Ceremony, Get Wedding Tips from The Perfect Wedding
- Choosing The Best Wedding Reception Venues in Stellenbosch
- Wedding Music in Cape Town for Your Perfect Wedding Day
- Getting Married in Capet Town, South Africa
- The Perfect Wedding Your Ideal Wedding Directory
- Beautiful Wedding Cakes for The Perfect Wedding
- The Perfect Wedding - The Ideal Wedding Service Providers
- Helping Dream Up Perfect Weddings in SA
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
A wedding favor is an important gift to the guests to say thank you that they attended your wedding. Deciding on a favor that is affordable and gives the right message can be a worry for many planners and brides. The costs must fet in to your budget, if your style is simple, them have a small simple favor, if your wedding is extravagant, have a fairly extravagant gift. This is what your guests will be expecting and not giving a favor can have them thinking you don't appreciate their presence, even if you said it your speech.
A wedding is a gathering of friends, family and colleagues that you want to there to celebrate this day with you. Holding back on anything for that special day can bring across the wrong message and people remember you wedding day for that one missing aspect. Below Mae Andrea discusses the different type's of wedding favors as well as how you can go about choosing the right type for your wedding. Use the link to view relating articles on having your perfect wedding on CBN's website.
How to Choose your Wedding Favors
Author: Mae Andrea
Wedding favors are far more integral part of your wedding day than many realize. They are an important element of your wedding, as they are your way of saying thank you to your guests for joining you on your special day. Now you may be thinking ‘well, why do I have pay out yet more money on wedding favors to say thank you, when I could just say thank you in the speeches’ or maybe your are thinking ‘isn’t that what the thank you cards are for’.
Well yes & no is the answer to both of those. The tradition of wedding favors goes back many centuries & your guests will be expecting them. You can say thank you to your guests in your speeches but this in itself will not stop some guests muttering comments such as ‘cheapskate, couldn’t even be bothered to give us favors’! As for thank you cards, well these are used to thank those guests who gave you gifts, not to thank them for coming to the wedding.
So when it comes to choosing wedding favors consider the following points to help you narrow the choices & find the perfect gift to say thank you.
· Wedding Theme – you should have either a wedding theme or a wedding style. This will help you with your wedding planning & as such your wedding favors should coordinate with this. For example – a beach wedding would call for sea shells, boats or fish; whilst a winter wonderland theme would call for snowflakes, snowmen & things made from crystal.
· Your Style & Tastes – Think about things that you would like to receive. Would you prefer something edible? Practical? Fun or decorative? Choosing something that you yourself would like to have will probably mean at least 90% of your guests will like it too.
· Colors & Packaging – Not every wedding favor needs packaging, some things will already come presented in pretty boxed sets or wrappings. In this case you would just need to add a thank you tag. Those things that aren’t ready wrapped will probably need some form of packaging; it is your choice as whether or not you do. It is important to choose the favors first & not the packaging. Fit packaging to the favor & not the other way around! You will find a wide choice of colors & styles for packaging your wedding favors, but if you get stuck just choose a plain neutral color & add in your wedding colors with ribbons, tags & other decorations.
Types of Wedding Favor
· Edible Favors – These never fail as favors, everyone loves a treat in the form of cookies, mini cakes, candies or chocolates. Traditionally, an edible wedding favor consisted of almonds or sugar cubes, but in modern times just about anything goes!
· Sentimental Favors – these could be photo frames or a mini album with a picture of the two of you inside; a CD with your reception playlist on it or your favorite love songs; a poem recalling how you met & fell in love.
· Practical Favors – there is a wide choice of useful & practical wedding favors out there. These include bookmarks, bottle stoppers, measuring spoons, mini graters, cheese knives, pizza cutters, coffee cups, tape measures, salt & pepper pots, cookie cutters & coasters.
· Decorative Favors – These range from candles in many shapes & sizes, ornaments, paper weights, photo frames, vases & keepsake boxes, to name but a few.
· Themed Favors – the most popular wedding themes have been immortalized with coordinating wedding favors. Look out for Cinderella’s carriage in the form of photo frames or candles for a fairytale wedding; boxed sets of casino dice for a Vegas style wedding or personalized golf balls for a sporting theme.
· Seasonal Favors – For a spring or summer wedding look for plantable cards which are embedded with flower seeds, flower shaped candles, honey pots & even miniature pot plants. For a fall wedding you will find leaf shaped candles, soaps, bookmarks, bottle stoppers & pumpkin shaped photo frames. Winter weddings could have snow globes, snowflake shaped candle holders, snowball candles & bottles of mulled wine.
· Eco-Friendly Favors – there is a growing trend amongst many couples to be greener with their weddings & you will find many favors made from recycled materials, tree seedlings, edible favors made with organic ingredients & fair trade products.
Wedding favors don’t need to be expensive or extravagant in style. They just need to say thank to your guests in a way which coordinates with your wedding & which is uniquely you!
Date Posted: 2009-06-29
Posted By: THE PERFECT WEDDING
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Miscellaneous,
More Company News
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
- Wedding Cakes in Cape Town
- The Perfect Wedding in Cape Town
- South African Wedding, The Greatest Day of Your Life
- Cape Wedding Venues
- Weddings in Cape Town
- Wedding Ideas - Ideas on Coming Up With Wedding Needs
- How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Venue
- How to Plan a Wedding: Are You Planning Your Own Wedding?
- Simple Steps to Create a Wedding Budget
- Perfect Wedding Decorating ideas
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Perfect Wedding Invitation Wording
- Your Wedding and Your Friends
- Signs to Determine If He Is Interested In Marriage
- Perfect Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas
- Creating Your Own Wedding Website
- South African Wedding on a Shoestring
- Ten Things to Avoid on Your Wedding Day
- Helpful Hints on Wedding Dress Styles and More
- Creating a Budget list for Your Wedding
- Save at your Wedding by Going Green and Giving Back
- Choose Your Wedding Day Hairstyle
- Planning a Themed Wedding!!!
- Wedding Venues For Your Dream Wedding
- Choosing Wedding Music
- Handy Pointers for Wedding Dress Ideas
- Wedding Cars 2009
- The Perfect Wedding Dress
- Beach Weddings - Most Memorable
- Finding Affordable Wedding Jewelry
- Deciding on a Wedding Cake
- Choosing Your Wedding Favors
- Top Wedding Dress Trends For 2009 and 2010
- Wedding Venues - Tips to Choosing a Great Venue
- Wedding Rings - Styles and Trends
- How to Choose a Wedding Photographer
- Selecting Photos You Want Taken on Your Wedding Day
- Wedding Dresses
- Five Wedding Preparation and Planning Mistakes
- Modern Wedding Invitations vs Traditional Wedding Invitations
- Outdoor Weddings - Truly Memorable
- Wedding Hairstyle Tips
- Wedding Flowers Done Affordably
- wedding dresses and tuxedos renting options
- Wedding Ideas - a Festival of Colour
- Wedding Flowers create the Mood for Love
- Honeymoon Gifts - Asking For Money As a Wedding Gift
- Wedding insurance - Protecting your Big Day
- After the Wedding day: Getting your Baby to Sleep
- Catering for your Wedding
- Take the Stress out of your Wedding Vows
- Ideas for Bridal/Wedding Shower Games
- Wedding Ring options for Men
- Wedding Cakes - Why you should Experiment
- Weddding Toasts - What to Say and When to Say it
- Wedding Favours - Sentimental money Savers
- Tattoo wedding Rings-Why you Should consider It.
- Going Green for your Wedding (Without Compromising)
- Wedding Speech Pointers for the Best Man
- Moving in Together before the Wedding - Good or Bad?
- Credit Crunch hits the SA Wedding industry
- Anniversaries - Make sure to Maintain your Marriage
- Manage the Stress of Planning your Marriage
- Use Foreign Traditions to Spice up your Wedding Day
- Make your Marriage last - 5 Tips to Start on the Right foot
- Gifts for your Groomsmen - Choosing Appropriately
- Late night Vegas Weddings a Thing of the Past
- Flowers - What would your Wedding be Without Them?
- Dressing up the Flower Girl for Your Wedding Day
- Popping the Question: 6 Ways to Help you Get a Yes
- Make your Wedding Theme as Visible as Possible
- Picking the Perfect Jewellery for the Bride
- Getting Married? How to Write your Wedding Invitations
- Financing Weddings: Wedding Loans can Help you Out
- Wedding Dresses - Let the Groom Have a Say
- Getting Ready for your Wedding Dress Alteration
- Marketing Strategies For Wedding Photographers
- 2009 Wedding Trends
- A Song to Last Forever - The Perfect Walking Down the Aisle Wedding Songs
- Cape Town wedding photographers
- A beach wedding in Cape Town
- Buying the Perfect Diamond Engagement Ring
- A winter wedding in Cape Town
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Planning a wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home