THE PERFECT WEDDING
Ideas for Bridal/Wedding Shower Games
Recent Company News
- Bridal Dreams Made Easy
- All the Bridal Ideas You Need to Know
- For a Grand Wedding Ceremony, Get Wedding Tips from The Perfect Wedding
- Choosing The Best Wedding Reception Venues in Stellenbosch
- Wedding Music in Cape Town for Your Perfect Wedding Day
- Getting Married in Capet Town, South Africa
- The Perfect Wedding Your Ideal Wedding Directory
- Beautiful Wedding Cakes for The Perfect Wedding
- The Perfect Wedding - The Ideal Wedding Service Providers
- Helping Dream Up Perfect Weddings in SA
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
A bridal shower is not something that accompanies every single wedding, but if you are planning a wedding and don't have your maid of honour planning one for you, it is something you should consider.
The friends and the family of the bride coming together outside of the context of the wedding day itself is a very bonding experience, and those who attend the bridal shower are likely to better enjoy the wedding as it is an opportunity for the people from the various parts of the bride's life to meet one another in a relaxed atmosphere. A good way to break the ice at this occasion is through some fun bridal shower games...
Bridal Shower Games
By: Uttara Manohar
Planning a fun bridal shower? Make sure your guests have a great time with some amusing bridal shower games.
Although a bridal shower has to be beautiful and elegant, it need not be a staid and boring one. If you are planning a bridal shower for someone, then as a hostess you need to make sure that your bridal shower doesn’t turn out to be a dull and boring event. A bridal shower has to be enjoyable and fun, both for the guests as well as the cynosure of everyone’s eyes- the bride of course! Bridal shower games will ensure that all your guests are enjoying themselves. In addition to this, if you have a motley crowd to entertain, (which is possible since different people who know the bride but don’t know each other are invited together for the shower.) then bridal shower games act as great icebreakers and create a friendly atmosphere.
Things to Remember while planning Bridal Shower Games
First of all, know your audience. Think about games that can be enjoyed by everyone attending the wedding shower. Often at times, bridal shower games might be focused on the bride but do not necessarily involve the bride in the game. Avoid such games and include the ones that allow the bride to participate and have fun herself, after all it is her bridal shower! In addition to this, also avoid games that can turn out to be offensive for any of the guests, since it can ruin the mood of the entire party. Plan games that are not too complicated since complicated games can take quite a while to explain to the guests and then actually start playing. There are several bridal shower games that require the guests to get certain things from home. There are chances that due to some or the other reason, one or many of the guests wont be able to get these things, and your entire plan goes for a toss. Hence it is better to avoid games that require your guests to get things from home.
What’s in your Purse?
This is a great bridal shower game, which the guests will enjoy for sure. It is quite simple and doesn’t require any additional items to play the game. As a hostess, all you have to do is make a list of all the items that can be found in a girl’s purse. Rate every item with some points, with the most common items having the least number of points and the most unusual items having the maximum number of points. Once the guests arrive you can read out every items and ask everyone to calculate the points according to the contents in their purse. For items that are not listed in the list, ask the bride to be the judge and award points according her choice. At the end of it the person with the highest number of points wins.
Bride-Groom Compatibility Game
This is a fun game, which will be interesting for the bride as well as the guests. For this, you need talk to the groom and ask him about his hobbies, his favorite movie, his favorite food, favorite color and so on. Write these things down and make a questionnaire out of it. At the bridal shower give the bride a box full of her favorite chocolates. The number of chocolates should be equivalent to he number of questions in the quiz. Start quizzing her using the questions to see how well she knows the groom. You can pass around the questionnaire amongst the guests, who can take turns to ask questions to the bride. For every wrong answer, the bride has to give away one chocolate to the guest who is asking the question. A variation of this game could be that you make questionnaire about the bride and quiz the guests to find out how well they know the bride.
Arranging bridal shower games at your shower will ensure that none of your guests will get bored at the party. Bridal shower game ideas can be easily formulated by using some of the popular games like Chinese whispers, bingo, or poker, all you need to do is incorporate your own changes and make your own bridal shower games. In case you can’t think of bridal shower games yourself, then you can always get inspiration from various sources. There exist several bridal shower game kits that provide you with all the material that you need for the games as well as the instructions and suggestions. The Internet is a great source to find some interesting bridal shower game ideas as well.
By Uttara Manohar
Available at: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/bridal-shower-games.html
These are just some of the ideas for the bridal shower games, and if you have any others that you think would work, then follow the etiquette pointers that are given in the above article and give them a try. Remember to make it a priority that the games are not offensive to any of the guests as this tends to turn a happy occasion sour in the blink of an eye.
Date Posted: 2009-04-07
Posted By: THE PERFECT WEDDING
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Miscellaneous,
More Company News
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
- Wedding Cakes in Cape Town
- The Perfect Wedding in Cape Town
- South African Wedding, The Greatest Day of Your Life
- Cape Wedding Venues
- Weddings in Cape Town
- Wedding Ideas - Ideas on Coming Up With Wedding Needs
- How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Venue
- How to Plan a Wedding: Are You Planning Your Own Wedding?
- Simple Steps to Create a Wedding Budget
- Perfect Wedding Decorating ideas
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Perfect Wedding Invitation Wording
- Your Wedding and Your Friends
- Signs to Determine If He Is Interested In Marriage
- Perfect Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas
- Creating Your Own Wedding Website
- South African Wedding on a Shoestring
- Ten Things to Avoid on Your Wedding Day
- Helpful Hints on Wedding Dress Styles and More
- Creating a Budget list for Your Wedding
- Save at your Wedding by Going Green and Giving Back
- Choose Your Wedding Day Hairstyle
- Planning a Themed Wedding!!!
- Wedding Venues For Your Dream Wedding
- Choosing Wedding Music
- Handy Pointers for Wedding Dress Ideas
- Wedding Cars 2009
- The Perfect Wedding Dress
- Beach Weddings - Most Memorable
- Finding Affordable Wedding Jewelry
- Deciding on a Wedding Cake
- Choosing Your Wedding Favors
- Top Wedding Dress Trends For 2009 and 2010
- Wedding Venues - Tips to Choosing a Great Venue
- Wedding Rings - Styles and Trends
- How to Choose a Wedding Photographer
- Selecting Photos You Want Taken on Your Wedding Day
- Wedding Dresses
- Five Wedding Preparation and Planning Mistakes
- Modern Wedding Invitations vs Traditional Wedding Invitations
- Outdoor Weddings - Truly Memorable
- Wedding Hairstyle Tips
- Wedding Flowers Done Affordably
- wedding dresses and tuxedos renting options
- Wedding Ideas - a Festival of Colour
- Wedding Flowers create the Mood for Love
- Honeymoon Gifts - Asking For Money As a Wedding Gift
- Wedding insurance - Protecting your Big Day
- After the Wedding day: Getting your Baby to Sleep
- Catering for your Wedding
- Take the Stress out of your Wedding Vows
- Ideas for Bridal/Wedding Shower Games
- Wedding Ring options for Men
- Wedding Cakes - Why you should Experiment
- Weddding Toasts - What to Say and When to Say it
- Wedding Favours - Sentimental money Savers
- Tattoo wedding Rings-Why you Should consider It.
- Going Green for your Wedding (Without Compromising)
- Wedding Speech Pointers for the Best Man
- Moving in Together before the Wedding - Good or Bad?
- Credit Crunch hits the SA Wedding industry
- Anniversaries - Make sure to Maintain your Marriage
- Manage the Stress of Planning your Marriage
- Use Foreign Traditions to Spice up your Wedding Day
- Make your Marriage last - 5 Tips to Start on the Right foot
- Gifts for your Groomsmen - Choosing Appropriately
- Late night Vegas Weddings a Thing of the Past
- Flowers - What would your Wedding be Without Them?
- Dressing up the Flower Girl for Your Wedding Day
- Popping the Question: 6 Ways to Help you Get a Yes
- Make your Wedding Theme as Visible as Possible
- Picking the Perfect Jewellery for the Bride
- Getting Married? How to Write your Wedding Invitations
- Financing Weddings: Wedding Loans can Help you Out
- Wedding Dresses - Let the Groom Have a Say
- Getting Ready for your Wedding Dress Alteration
- Marketing Strategies For Wedding Photographers
- 2009 Wedding Trends
- A Song to Last Forever - The Perfect Walking Down the Aisle Wedding Songs
- Cape Town wedding photographers
- A beach wedding in Cape Town
- Buying the Perfect Diamond Engagement Ring
- A winter wedding in Cape Town
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Planning a wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home