THE PERFECT WEDDING
Wedding Speech Pointers for the Best Man
Recent Company News
- Bridal Dreams Made Easy
- All the Bridal Ideas You Need to Know
- For a Grand Wedding Ceremony, Get Wedding Tips from The Perfect Wedding
- Choosing The Best Wedding Reception Venues in Stellenbosch
- Wedding Music in Cape Town for Your Perfect Wedding Day
- Getting Married in Capet Town, South Africa
- The Perfect Wedding Your Ideal Wedding Directory
- Beautiful Wedding Cakes for The Perfect Wedding
- The Perfect Wedding - The Ideal Wedding Service Providers
- Helping Dream Up Perfect Weddings in SA
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
When attending a wedding in which everything seems to be going uncannily well, no stumbles in the aisle, no drunk and boisterous uncle getting out of control before the service is even over, no objections to the union of the happy couple when the priest asks; there is one moment when everyone holds their breath.
That moment is when the best man steps up to make his speech, shirt half un-tucked, tie loosened, approaching the microphone with an overconfident swagger and a mischievous grin. Everybody knows that he has a library of stories about the groom's wild days, but nobody really wants to hear them, at least not at that point in time. Somehow, there seem to be so many a best man that is still convinced that granny wants to hear about how the groom used to go streaking with young university girls under the haze of binge drinking. If you are a best man, or know someone who is about to take on that role, read them this article. Please...
The Best Man's Wedding Speech Guide
By: James Nardel
So you’re the best man and you have to give a speech at the wedding. You could be the brother, the best friend of thirteen years, or you could have met the groom last year. The point is, you have to make a speech in front of a lot of people. What do you say? You might think that it’s easier for girls- they are good at the mushy stuff after all. Being male, you might not know how to approach your best man speech, with the fear that you don’t want to sound too mushy and be made fun of for years to come by your guy friends. So here are some tips to help you avoid that, and come out with a great best man speech that everyone will love.
First, tap into your softer-side. It might be hard and you may not have seen that side of you in years, but try. It is a wedding after all. Begin by congratulating the couple. Relate how happy you are for your best friend/brother/friend/cousin, whatever he is to you, and that you know he and his new wife will have a wonderful life together.
Second, give it a personal touch. Tell an anecdote of you and the groom. Talk about something that will illustrate how deep your friendship is. You could also talk about an aspect of the groom’s personality that will illustrate what a good husband he will be, or how he and his beautiful bride are perfect for each other.
Third, remember your audience. Best man’s speech can be humorous, but do not go overboard. Some things may be appropriate to say in front of the groom and your friends, but not a room full of people, including parents, young children, and grandmothers. You and the groom might have a long, history together that include crazy road trips and wild parties. This would be the least inappropriate time to comment on these times. If you’d like to lighten up the speech a little, make small jokes about little things the groom has done or said. Remember, you do not want to offend the groom, nor you want to embarrass him and everyone else in the room.
Fourth, remember to congratulate the groom and his bride. Tell the groom how happy you are for him that he found someone to spend the rest of his life with. Also, thank the audience for allowing you to talk before them. Finally, end with a line about how you know the new couple will be happy for many years to come, and that you wouldn’t wish anything less for your best friend/brother/etc.
Fifth, practice. Your nerves might be trying to take over your rational thought when you stand up to give your speech. Therefore, so as not to give a speech that’s jumbled and jumps from one topic to the next, plan it out and practice. Try reading your best man speech in front of a mirror, a friend, or even a room of your little sister’s stuffed animals. It doesn’t matter; just practice and you’re going to shine with your best man’s speech.
I hope these tips have given you some pointers on what to say when giving your best man speech at the wedding. Good luck!
About James Nardel:
Instantly download over 100 complete Wedding Speech Templates plus 200 Toasts, Wedding Jokes and Quotes or get Absolutely Free Wedding Toasts and Speeches at http://www.FreeWeddingToasts.net.
It's that simple, keep it reasonably short and keep the jokes clean enough for the most easily offended individual in the audience, the time for sharing the filthier stuff should have passed at the bachelor party. Remember that the only story involving the groom and a woman that can be told is one in which the woman is his new wife!
Date Posted: 2009-03-25
Posted By: THE PERFECT WEDDING
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Miscellaneous,
More Company News
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
- Wedding Cakes in Cape Town
- The Perfect Wedding in Cape Town
- South African Wedding, The Greatest Day of Your Life
- Cape Wedding Venues
- Weddings in Cape Town
- Wedding Ideas - Ideas on Coming Up With Wedding Needs
- How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Venue
- How to Plan a Wedding: Are You Planning Your Own Wedding?
- Simple Steps to Create a Wedding Budget
- Perfect Wedding Decorating ideas
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Perfect Wedding Invitation Wording
- Your Wedding and Your Friends
- Signs to Determine If He Is Interested In Marriage
- Perfect Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas
- Creating Your Own Wedding Website
- South African Wedding on a Shoestring
- Ten Things to Avoid on Your Wedding Day
- Helpful Hints on Wedding Dress Styles and More
- Creating a Budget list for Your Wedding
- Save at your Wedding by Going Green and Giving Back
- Choose Your Wedding Day Hairstyle
- Planning a Themed Wedding!!!
- Wedding Venues For Your Dream Wedding
- Choosing Wedding Music
- Handy Pointers for Wedding Dress Ideas
- Wedding Cars 2009
- The Perfect Wedding Dress
- Beach Weddings - Most Memorable
- Finding Affordable Wedding Jewelry
- Deciding on a Wedding Cake
- Choosing Your Wedding Favors
- Top Wedding Dress Trends For 2009 and 2010
- Wedding Venues - Tips to Choosing a Great Venue
- Wedding Rings - Styles and Trends
- How to Choose a Wedding Photographer
- Selecting Photos You Want Taken on Your Wedding Day
- Wedding Dresses
- Five Wedding Preparation and Planning Mistakes
- Modern Wedding Invitations vs Traditional Wedding Invitations
- Outdoor Weddings - Truly Memorable
- Wedding Hairstyle Tips
- Wedding Flowers Done Affordably
- wedding dresses and tuxedos renting options
- Wedding Ideas - a Festival of Colour
- Wedding Flowers create the Mood for Love
- Honeymoon Gifts - Asking For Money As a Wedding Gift
- Wedding insurance - Protecting your Big Day
- After the Wedding day: Getting your Baby to Sleep
- Catering for your Wedding
- Take the Stress out of your Wedding Vows
- Ideas for Bridal/Wedding Shower Games
- Wedding Ring options for Men
- Wedding Cakes - Why you should Experiment
- Weddding Toasts - What to Say and When to Say it
- Wedding Favours - Sentimental money Savers
- Tattoo wedding Rings-Why you Should consider It.
- Going Green for your Wedding (Without Compromising)
- Wedding Speech Pointers for the Best Man
- Moving in Together before the Wedding - Good or Bad?
- Credit Crunch hits the SA Wedding industry
- Anniversaries - Make sure to Maintain your Marriage
- Manage the Stress of Planning your Marriage
- Use Foreign Traditions to Spice up your Wedding Day
- Make your Marriage last - 5 Tips to Start on the Right foot
- Gifts for your Groomsmen - Choosing Appropriately
- Late night Vegas Weddings a Thing of the Past
- Flowers - What would your Wedding be Without Them?
- Dressing up the Flower Girl for Your Wedding Day
- Popping the Question: 6 Ways to Help you Get a Yes
- Make your Wedding Theme as Visible as Possible
- Picking the Perfect Jewellery for the Bride
- Getting Married? How to Write your Wedding Invitations
- Financing Weddings: Wedding Loans can Help you Out
- Wedding Dresses - Let the Groom Have a Say
- Getting Ready for your Wedding Dress Alteration
- Marketing Strategies For Wedding Photographers
- 2009 Wedding Trends
- A Song to Last Forever - The Perfect Walking Down the Aisle Wedding Songs
- Cape Town wedding photographers
- A beach wedding in Cape Town
- Buying the Perfect Diamond Engagement Ring
- A winter wedding in Cape Town
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Planning a wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home