THE PERFECT WEDDING
Anniversaries - Make sure to Maintain your Marriage
Recent Company News
- Bridal Dreams Made Easy
- All the Bridal Ideas You Need to Know
- For a Grand Wedding Ceremony, Get Wedding Tips from The Perfect Wedding
- Choosing The Best Wedding Reception Venues in Stellenbosch
- Wedding Music in Cape Town for Your Perfect Wedding Day
- Getting Married in Capet Town, South Africa
- The Perfect Wedding Your Ideal Wedding Directory
- Beautiful Wedding Cakes for The Perfect Wedding
- The Perfect Wedding - The Ideal Wedding Service Providers
- Helping Dream Up Perfect Weddings in SA
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
While around the world the duration of marriages is dwindling and the rate of divorce is rising, the popularity of weddings has never faded. Weddings are usually wonderful and dreamy events, but the real challenge starts when the new couple wakes up the morning after. Waking up the morning after the wedding, the happy couple is likely to realize that apart from the two of them waking up together and in love, nothing much has changed in the world, and it is time to start negotiating the normal processes of life together. In doing this it is important not to slip into the habit of taking your partner for granted, and that is precisely the function of anniversaries. An anniversary is a time for you to cherish your partner, and remind him or her, and yourself of exactly what the two of you share and how appreciative you are of it.
By: Poushali Ganguly
Wedding anniversaries are a time to celebrate, it can be a the first or the fiftieth but are undoubtedly special. Read this article to know the history, some quotations and gift ideas.
Enlarge ImageAnniversaries are really social since they remind us the one year long journey and every high and low that each of us went through and how we coped with them as a partner. Weddings themselves are special times and special decisions and when you have completed one year with that person it is like an achievement, a special moment and time of endless joys. Most of us just like to sit quietly and think about the times when you have had fights which were like the emergence of two individuals from the pink world to the world of reality and bearing each other for twenty four hours a day and seven days a week and if you into the history of wedding anniversaries you would find that anniversaries were celebrated to break the monotony of everyday and to rekindle the love. Don’t you feel that as years pass y it is no longer only "love"; it is something more than that, probably it is the feeling of oneness and extreme comfort?
The first year is the time when the real feelings are tested since you live with your partner all the time and share everything with him or her and come to know him or her inside out and this exploration and knowledge keeps on increasing with every passing anniversary. Trust me knowing the positives and negatives of a person is a real journey but I am sure all of you who have had a reasonably good marriage would agree with me that the mere fact that there is one person in the world who knows you completely and yet is ready to live with all your mood swings and temper tantrums, gives you a kind of satisfaction and relief and this realization definitely deserves some kind of acknowledgment. Make your spouse feel special by giving him or her at least a card and use the following quotes. Which ooze with the happiness and contentment that is closely associated with the wedding anniversary.
Wedding Anniversary Quotes
"A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year."- Paul Sweeney
"The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds - they mature slowly." -Peter De Vries
"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." -Mignon McLaughlin
"An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow."-Author Unknown
"For years [my wedding ring] has done its job. It has led me not into temptation. It has reminded my husband numerous times at parties that it's time to go home. It has been a source of relief to a dinner companion. It has been a status symbol in the maternity ward."-Erma Bombeck
"When you make a sacrifice in marriage, you're sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship."-Joseph Campbell
"Marriage is our last, best chance to grow up."-Joseph Barth
"The sum which two married people owe to one another defies calculation. It is an infinite debt, which can only be discharged through all eternity." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century."-Mark Twain
"There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends." –Homer
Wedding Anniversary gifts
Whether you celebrate or you don’t your spouse certainly deserves a gift so here are some guidelines when you are choosing the gift:
For your first anniversary get a card or a framed personalized message since the material of the gift should be paper but people also gift clocks. So you can also do the same.
For your second anniversary you can gift her a beautiful dress which would remind you of the girl you dated two years back since traditionally the material of the gift should be cotton or you can also gift her an expensive Chinese vase or a lamp shade. Ladies, you can gift him a shirt and a tie or a personalized coffee mug with a picture of both of you on it. That would remind him of you the whole day.
For your third anniversary you can gift your spouse shoes or office bags, in fact anything made of leather, or anything made of glass. So that way you gift yourselves wine glasses.
For your twenty fifth anniversary you can get silver jewelry for your spouse, it can be a ring or a bracelet with a personalized message or even a chain.
For your fiftieth anniversary you can gift gold which would mark and the strong bond that you have had for the previous fifty years.
If you cannot celebrate your anniversary with gifts never mind, just acknowledge the fact, go out for a long walk together, nothing can match the pleasure of getting each other’s company and spending some quality time.
By Poushali Ganguly
Don't let apathy slip into your relationship, take anniversaries very seriously, and be honest with yourself and your feelings towards your partner. Problems that aren't shared fester and turn into chasms in marriages. As impossibly uncomfortable as at times it may seem, it is better to share all of your opinions and problems with your partner, be they about a third party or your partner him or herself. Enjoy and always remember your wedding day, and approach your anniversaries with the same excitement and care that you did for the day of your marriage.
Date Posted: 2009-03-20
Posted By: THE PERFECT WEDDING
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Miscellaneous,
More Company News
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
- Wedding Cakes in Cape Town
- The Perfect Wedding in Cape Town
- South African Wedding, The Greatest Day of Your Life
- Cape Wedding Venues
- Weddings in Cape Town
- Wedding Ideas - Ideas on Coming Up With Wedding Needs
- How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Venue
- How to Plan a Wedding: Are You Planning Your Own Wedding?
- Simple Steps to Create a Wedding Budget
- Perfect Wedding Decorating ideas
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Perfect Wedding Invitation Wording
- Your Wedding and Your Friends
- Signs to Determine If He Is Interested In Marriage
- Perfect Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas
- Creating Your Own Wedding Website
- South African Wedding on a Shoestring
- Ten Things to Avoid on Your Wedding Day
- Helpful Hints on Wedding Dress Styles and More
- Creating a Budget list for Your Wedding
- Save at your Wedding by Going Green and Giving Back
- Choose Your Wedding Day Hairstyle
- Planning a Themed Wedding!!!
- Wedding Venues For Your Dream Wedding
- Choosing Wedding Music
- Handy Pointers for Wedding Dress Ideas
- Wedding Cars 2009
- The Perfect Wedding Dress
- Beach Weddings - Most Memorable
- Finding Affordable Wedding Jewelry
- Deciding on a Wedding Cake
- Choosing Your Wedding Favors
- Top Wedding Dress Trends For 2009 and 2010
- Wedding Venues - Tips to Choosing a Great Venue
- Wedding Rings - Styles and Trends
- How to Choose a Wedding Photographer
- Selecting Photos You Want Taken on Your Wedding Day
- Wedding Dresses
- Five Wedding Preparation and Planning Mistakes
- Modern Wedding Invitations vs Traditional Wedding Invitations
- Outdoor Weddings - Truly Memorable
- Wedding Hairstyle Tips
- Wedding Flowers Done Affordably
- wedding dresses and tuxedos renting options
- Wedding Ideas - a Festival of Colour
- Wedding Flowers create the Mood for Love
- Honeymoon Gifts - Asking For Money As a Wedding Gift
- Wedding insurance - Protecting your Big Day
- After the Wedding day: Getting your Baby to Sleep
- Catering for your Wedding
- Take the Stress out of your Wedding Vows
- Ideas for Bridal/Wedding Shower Games
- Wedding Ring options for Men
- Wedding Cakes - Why you should Experiment
- Weddding Toasts - What to Say and When to Say it
- Wedding Favours - Sentimental money Savers
- Tattoo wedding Rings-Why you Should consider It.
- Going Green for your Wedding (Without Compromising)
- Wedding Speech Pointers for the Best Man
- Moving in Together before the Wedding - Good or Bad?
- Credit Crunch hits the SA Wedding industry
- Anniversaries - Make sure to Maintain your Marriage
- Manage the Stress of Planning your Marriage
- Use Foreign Traditions to Spice up your Wedding Day
- Make your Marriage last - 5 Tips to Start on the Right foot
- Gifts for your Groomsmen - Choosing Appropriately
- Late night Vegas Weddings a Thing of the Past
- Flowers - What would your Wedding be Without Them?
- Dressing up the Flower Girl for Your Wedding Day
- Popping the Question: 6 Ways to Help you Get a Yes
- Make your Wedding Theme as Visible as Possible
- Picking the Perfect Jewellery for the Bride
- Getting Married? How to Write your Wedding Invitations
- Financing Weddings: Wedding Loans can Help you Out
- Wedding Dresses - Let the Groom Have a Say
- Getting Ready for your Wedding Dress Alteration
- Marketing Strategies For Wedding Photographers
- 2009 Wedding Trends
- A Song to Last Forever - The Perfect Walking Down the Aisle Wedding Songs
- Cape Town wedding photographers
- A beach wedding in Cape Town
- Buying the Perfect Diamond Engagement Ring
- A winter wedding in Cape Town
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Planning a wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home