THE PERFECT WEDDING
Flowers - What would your Wedding be Without Them?
Recent Company News
- Bridal Dreams Made Easy
- All the Bridal Ideas You Need to Know
- For a Grand Wedding Ceremony, Get Wedding Tips from The Perfect Wedding
- Choosing The Best Wedding Reception Venues in Stellenbosch
- Wedding Music in Cape Town for Your Perfect Wedding Day
- Getting Married in Capet Town, South Africa
- The Perfect Wedding Your Ideal Wedding Directory
- Beautiful Wedding Cakes for The Perfect Wedding
- The Perfect Wedding - The Ideal Wedding Service Providers
- Helping Dream Up Perfect Weddings in SA
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
Flowers and wedding days go hand in hand, from the floral arrangements during the ceremony, the bride's bouquet, the bridesmaids' bouquets, the flower girls' bouquets, the scattered flower petals on the floor where the newly-weds will walk as well as the floral arrangements at the reception. There are of course even more places for flowers to find a place at a wedding than those that have just been mentioned, but the point is clear, that being that if you are going to cut corners on something for your big day, don't let that thing be the flower budget! Flowers are a vital part of creating the fairy tale feeling that a wedding should have, and they don't deserve to be neglected.
By: Fay Chamoun
A wedding would just not be the same without flowers.
Every bride wants her wedding to be memorable.
The flowers provide the finishing touch to this very special day.
The flowers can be simple or elaborate depending on the type of wedding that is being planned.
The flowers for a wedding should have a look of individuality. They should look as if they have all been specially created for the bride.
What will suit one bride will not automatically suit another. The style of dress, the height of the girl, the overall theme of the wedding should all have a bearing on the choice of the flowers.
There are various styles of bouquets. These include round, trailer, sheaf, crescent, line and cascade bouquets.
Round bouquets made of roses are a popular choice for many brides.
Large trailing bouquets particularly suit romantic style wedding gowns.
An elegant line bouquet of lilies would be a good choice for a slim fitting gown.
A modern style bouquet made of exotic flowers and tropical foliage will suit the contemporary bride.
The brides flowers should be the largest most spectacular bouquet in the wedding party - after all it is her special day!
White is still traditionally the most popular colour for the brides bouquet but many different colours are used in weddings today for the bride and bridesmaids from soft pastels such as pale pink through to rich vibrant colours such as hot pink, burgundy and violet.
Pearls and crystals can be incorporated into bouquets for a touch of added glamour.
For a delicate touch sheer organza ribbon can be used to create ribbon bows and long streamers.
Wide satin ribbon will give a rich luxurious look.
The bridesmaids flowers can be a smaller version of the brides flowers or a different shape.
If the bride is carrying a trailer bouquet the bridesmaids could carry round bouquets.
The bouquets can be the same colour as the brides bouquet or a different colour.
For something different the bridesmaids could carry elegant evening bags filled with flowers. The bag would need to be lined with a piece of plastic to prevent staining the inside of the bag. A piece of soaked florist foam can be placed in the bag and the flowers and foliage arranged in the foam to extend gracefully from the top of the bag.
A flower girl could carry a small basket of flowers to match the bridesmaids flowers. the basket can be sprayed white or a pastel shade. Another alternative is to attach a spray of flowers to a piece of ribbon and tie it around the flower girls wrist, tying the ribbon ends in a bow with long ends. This is particularly suitable for a very young flower girl who may find a basket awkward to carry.
The bridegroom and groomsmen wear a buttonhole which often consists of a single flower such as a rose or a carnation or another flower the same type as used in the brides bouquet.
The mothers of the bride and groom wear corsages. Often grandmothers and special aunts also wear corsages. It is helpful to know the colour of their dresses so colours will not clash. White or cream is always a safe choice.
Flowers really do provide the finishing touch to a wedding! By choosing flowers in a style and colour to complement your wedding theme it will give you wonderful memories to treasure for a lifetime.
Copyright 2004© Fay Chamoun
About the Author
Fay Chamoun is the principal of Floral Art School of Australia and International Floral Design School. For details of home study floral design and flower arranging courses which includes how to create many bridal designs please visit http://www.floral-art-school.com.au
Published At: www.Isnare.com
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=85126&ca=Arts+and+Crafts
Date Posted: 2009-03-12
Posted By: THE PERFECT WEDDING
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Miscellaneous,
More Company News
- Spend your Ultimate Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
- Wedding Cakes in Cape Town
- The Perfect Wedding in Cape Town
- South African Wedding, The Greatest Day of Your Life
- Cape Wedding Venues
- Weddings in Cape Town
- Wedding Ideas - Ideas on Coming Up With Wedding Needs
- How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Venue
- How to Plan a Wedding: Are You Planning Your Own Wedding?
- Simple Steps to Create a Wedding Budget
- Perfect Wedding Decorating ideas
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Perfect Wedding Invitation Wording
- Your Wedding and Your Friends
- Signs to Determine If He Is Interested In Marriage
- Perfect Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas
- Creating Your Own Wedding Website
- South African Wedding on a Shoestring
- Ten Things to Avoid on Your Wedding Day
- Helpful Hints on Wedding Dress Styles and More
- Creating a Budget list for Your Wedding
- Save at your Wedding by Going Green and Giving Back
- Choose Your Wedding Day Hairstyle
- Planning a Themed Wedding!!!
- Wedding Venues For Your Dream Wedding
- Choosing Wedding Music
- Handy Pointers for Wedding Dress Ideas
- Wedding Cars 2009
- The Perfect Wedding Dress
- Beach Weddings - Most Memorable
- Finding Affordable Wedding Jewelry
- Deciding on a Wedding Cake
- Choosing Your Wedding Favors
- Top Wedding Dress Trends For 2009 and 2010
- Wedding Venues - Tips to Choosing a Great Venue
- Wedding Rings - Styles and Trends
- How to Choose a Wedding Photographer
- Selecting Photos You Want Taken on Your Wedding Day
- Wedding Dresses
- Five Wedding Preparation and Planning Mistakes
- Modern Wedding Invitations vs Traditional Wedding Invitations
- Outdoor Weddings - Truly Memorable
- Wedding Hairstyle Tips
- Wedding Flowers Done Affordably
- wedding dresses and tuxedos renting options
- Wedding Ideas - a Festival of Colour
- Wedding Flowers create the Mood for Love
- Honeymoon Gifts - Asking For Money As a Wedding Gift
- Wedding insurance - Protecting your Big Day
- After the Wedding day: Getting your Baby to Sleep
- Catering for your Wedding
- Take the Stress out of your Wedding Vows
- Ideas for Bridal/Wedding Shower Games
- Wedding Ring options for Men
- Wedding Cakes - Why you should Experiment
- Weddding Toasts - What to Say and When to Say it
- Wedding Favours - Sentimental money Savers
- Tattoo wedding Rings-Why you Should consider It.
- Going Green for your Wedding (Without Compromising)
- Wedding Speech Pointers for the Best Man
- Moving in Together before the Wedding - Good or Bad?
- Credit Crunch hits the SA Wedding industry
- Anniversaries - Make sure to Maintain your Marriage
- Manage the Stress of Planning your Marriage
- Use Foreign Traditions to Spice up your Wedding Day
- Make your Marriage last - 5 Tips to Start on the Right foot
- Gifts for your Groomsmen - Choosing Appropriately
- Late night Vegas Weddings a Thing of the Past
- Flowers - What would your Wedding be Without Them?
- Dressing up the Flower Girl for Your Wedding Day
- Popping the Question: 6 Ways to Help you Get a Yes
- Make your Wedding Theme as Visible as Possible
- Picking the Perfect Jewellery for the Bride
- Getting Married? How to Write your Wedding Invitations
- Financing Weddings: Wedding Loans can Help you Out
- Wedding Dresses - Let the Groom Have a Say
- Getting Ready for your Wedding Dress Alteration
- Marketing Strategies For Wedding Photographers
- 2009 Wedding Trends
- A Song to Last Forever - The Perfect Walking Down the Aisle Wedding Songs
- Cape Town wedding photographers
- A beach wedding in Cape Town
- Buying the Perfect Diamond Engagement Ring
- A winter wedding in Cape Town
- Getting married in Cape Town
- Planning a wedding in Cape Town, South Africa
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home