Decor and Furniture
Stain-free Furniture - Stain removal Techniques for your Couch
Recent Company News
- Take your furniture, decor and interior products online now
- Benefits of Online Shopping Home Stores
- Best Home Furniture Shop Online
- A Stylish Dresser to Add the Finishing Touch
- Oak Furniture: Durability and Style
- How to Make Create the Perfect Lounge for Your Home?
- Shopping Online for That Awesome Glass Table
- Different Types of Kitchen Tables
- Discovering Decor and Furniture in the Western Cape
- The Armchair - The Ideal Furniture for Those Who Believe in Perfection!
- High Quality Kitchen Dining Furnishings
Stop rust buildup and staining with rust preventative products.
Having a couch that is covered in cloth can make for a piece of furniture that is a warm and comfortable sitting or resting place, but at the same time cloth is, of course, very absorbent and as such if stains are not dealt with promptly and with the correct technique, they can become a very long-term blemish on your living room centre-piece. Knowing how to deal with potential stains can save you a great deal of disappointment and irritation through avoiding highly visible stains...
Stain remover for Upholstery Fabric
People often find it difficult to keep the upholstery in good shape. Several sources can spoil your favorite upholstery leaving sticky stains on it. The article discusses how to deal with upholstery stains.
Upholsteries are important part of interior. They add value to the design of your home. Therefore, you should always try to keep the upholsteries clean and stainless.
Stained and dirty upholsteries not only look bad but degrade your status. How would you feel when someone offers you a seat which is dirty and stained? Won’t you try to leave the place as early as possible? The same thing happens to your guests. Believe it or not, upholsteries represent your status.
However, some factors often damage your upholstery damaging your interior and social status both. In this article we would discuss five factors that stain your upholstery and then we would see how to clean it.
Molds are fungi. They grow on moist surfaces and live on dead organic products. Molds are microscopic basically, but when they grow and develop to form colonies, they appear as small black spots on the surface.
Mold stains are tough. You need to use mold stain remover to remove the stain. Natural mold stain removers are good at cleaning yet not harsh on the stained substrate. And green products are safe for health as well.
Coffee stains are very common. Coffee stains are sticky and difficult to remove. Unfortunately it is quite difficult to avoid. Coffee might spill on the upholstery any moment, you never know when the accident will occur and your favorite fabric will get damaged.
Once it happens, drop few drops of water on the spot to dilute it. Then dab detergent and vinegar on the stain. Don’t rub as the stain might spread and become too sticky to get it off.
If you find the blot really tough, apply some dry cleaning agent to eliminate it completely.
Rust is the toughest of all sorts of upholstery stains. Your favorite upholstery fabric gets stained when it comes into contact with a rusty metal. Rust cleaners can help you clean the fabric.
It won’t be irrelevant to discuss few words about rust here. Rust is a series of iron oxides and water – porous and reddish brown in color. When iron comes in contact with moisture and oxygen, it gets oxidized and forms rust.
If you touch a rusty tool, the particles slip in to your hand and stain it. Same thing happens with upholstery. If the sofa set, couch or the chair is rusting, chances are the upholstery fabric would get stained soon.
As mentioned before, rust stain is very much sticky and tough. Cleaning with normal detergent won’t be of much help. You need rust stain remover to turn the upholstery in good condition again.
Green cleaning products are good at cleaning rust stain. Natural cleaning products are free from side effects and do not do any harm to the upholstery.
The next disturbing factor is pet urine. Like most Americans, you must have pets at your home and I am sure you love them. But you never know what they can do to your favorite upholstery; they are animals after all.
There are pet urine cleaners available in the market. These solutions not only clean the stain, but eliminate the bad odor as well.
Use organic rust cleaner and rust stain remover to clean upholstery, carpet, curtains and similar stuffs.
By Markus Skupeika
The variety in the types of possible stains tends to be surprising when written out, as one comes to the realization of just how many ways there are in which your couch can be stained. Make sure that you have the appropriate cleaning agents handy in your home so that you can deal with a problem as soon as it arises, and you should be able to enjoy your couch for a long time to come.
Date Posted: 2009-04-17
Posted By: Decor and Furniture
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Manufacturing,
More Company News
- High Quality Kitchen Dining Furnishings
- The Perfect Wooden Coffee Tables
- Furniture in Cape Town for the Contemporary Home
- Decor in Cape Town
- A Brief Guide to Renovating Your Property
- The Bubble Chair
- Buying furniture online
- What Decor and Furniture is all about
- Interior Decorating Styles
- Useful Tips Before Buying Antique Furniture
- Fine Art Tapestries
- Exotic Decor: Ancient Egyptian Decor
- Bathroom Decor - Matching Colour and Design
- Decorating Tips for Your Home Office
- Decorating Ideas for Your Home Office
- Mediterranean Look for a Temperate Climate
- Garden furniture Today
- Glass Dining Furniture-Mix and Match
- Choosing Dining Room Furniture for Your Lifestyle
- Advice on Modern furniture
- Bedroom Decor Furniture - For Your Personal Space
- French Furniture
- Decorate Your Bedroom to Look Designer Without the Cost
- Economics and Furniture Room Design
- Expert Tips for Home and Furniture
- Decorating Ideas for Corporate Events
- Home Office Furniture
- Buying Furniture For Your Office
- Wooden Furniture - Beauty and Elegance
- Office Wall decor - Boost Your Business Image
- French Design For Your Bedroom
- Outdoor Furniture - Modern Decor Style
- Buying Patio Furniture
- Baby Furniture Cribs - Styles and Designs
- Oak Furniture - Classic For a Reason
- African Home Decor - Unique Style
- Tips for Buying Kitchen Furniture
- Dining room Furniture - Things to Consider when choosing a Dining Table
- A Rocking Horse - Kids Dream Furniture
- Arranging Dining Tables to host Great Dinners and Gatherings
- Furniture, Carpets and Clothes - How to save Yourself from Wine Stains
- Bedroom furniture - All the choices Available to You
- Stain-free Furniture - Stain removal Techniques for your Couch
- Keeping your Dog off the Furniture
- Modern Furniture - A Glass Coffee Table's Versatility
- What Contemporary Furniture is, and Why you Should Add some to your Home
- Sofa, Couch or Love-seat? - Choosing your furniture Wisely
- Decorate your Living room in Contemporary Style
- Make your Wooden Furniture Last Longer
- Caring for your Leather Furniture
- Back to Basics with Decorating your Home
- How Mosaic can add Spice to your Home Decor
- How to Spot the Difference between Discount and Bad quality Furniture
- Choosing your Patio Furniture
- Add some Class to your Room with an Ottoman
- Decorate your home With good Lighting
- Rotating Dining room Chairs and Tables
- More tips to Make your House into a Home
- Choosing your Coffee Table - Take it Seriously!
- Curb your Cat's Furniture destruction Instincts
- Decorate your Home according to Your Co-habitants
- Ten Pointers for DIY Interior Design
- Make your Furniture Last - Upkeep and Cleaning Techniques
- Decorating your Space - 5 Common Mistakes & Solutions
- Protect your Furniture from your Pets
- Keep it Simple: Decorate with Contemporary Furniture and Art
- Furnish your Home in the Style of the Stars
- Protect your Furniture: The 7 Deadly Sins of Furniture Destruction
- Versatile Decor and Furniture: How to Adapt to Changes
- Moving House, and not Moving Furniture
- Living Room Furniture: How to Make the Most of It
- Lengthen the Life of Your Outdoor Furniture
- Learning the Basics of Good Furniture Arrangement
- Quick Guide to Maintaining your Modern Furniture
- Furniture - 5 tips before buying your furniture
- How to choose the best sofa bed for your home
- Office furniture that saves space
- Cape Town Furniture Suppliers
- Trends in Contemporary Furniture
- Home Theatre - the basics
- How to choose an office chair
- Buying Office Furniture in 3 easy steps
- Kids furniture
- Lisa King Art Gallery and Furniching from Green Point Cape Town sign up
- South Africa's best furniture website makes a big impression
- New website for Decor and Furniture
- Beds, chairs, couches, tables, decor and art
- Decor and Furniture online showroom
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home