Decor and Furniture
How to Spot the Difference between Discount and Bad quality Furniture
Recent Company News
- Take your furniture, decor and interior products online now
- Benefits of Online Shopping Home Stores
- Best Home Furniture Shop Online
- A Stylish Dresser to Add the Finishing Touch
- Oak Furniture: Durability and Style
- How to Make Create the Perfect Lounge for Your Home?
- Shopping Online for That Awesome Glass Table
- Different Types of Kitchen Tables
- Discovering Decor and Furniture in the Western Cape
- The Armchair - The Ideal Furniture for Those Who Believe in Perfection!
- High Quality Kitchen Dining Furnishings
Whether moving house or replacing an old, broken down model, buying a new bed is perhaps the most confusing of all furniture purchases. Choosing between bed frames, head boards and foot boards, whether to choose individually or in combination and considering the materials and colours of your room in relation to your particular tastes; all of these decisions must be made by the person who is to sleep in the bed. If not, it is unlikely that a bedroom completely designed by someone else's tastes will ever truly satisfy the owner, and being the most frequented room in a home, the owner's enjoyment is of utmost importance. Another factor that slows this process down is the clashing of different opinions between partners. This kind of disagreement need no longer happen in the furniture store as it is now possible to shop online...
Discount Bedroom Furniture Set Buying Guide
By: Joel Walsh
You don't want to break the bank buying bedroom furniture. But you don't want to break the bed because you bought cheap. You don't have to sacrifice quality for affordability, or affordability for quality. But you do have to keep your eyes open and your expectations realistic. There are plenty of furniture manufacturers that will be more than happy to part a furniture fool from his money.
Why Bedroom Furniture Craftsmanship Is So Important
Why does bedroom furniture so often seem to give out before the rest of the room's furniture? Because it's usually used more frequently and more heavily than any other furniture in the house.
Guaranteed frequent use.
For many people, bedroom furniture will get used more consistently than any other room's furniture. Even if you spend all day at work and never turn on your TV, you'll still begin and end the day in bed.
No one is a gentle creature in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning.
Toss and turn in bed? Better hope your bed joints can take it.
Who remembers to use a coaster for a glass of water in the middle of the night? If your nightstand's finish is just sprayed on rather than a genuine varnish, you can expect that water glass to leave some pretty nasty scars.
Your nightstand will get a good rattle when you hit the "snooze" button. If the pieces are just loosely bolted together, there'll be some damage within a few years.
Your bureau drawers will be yanked open and slammed shut. If the drawers are sliding on metal rather than plastic runners, you might just yank the drawer and pull it right out.
Of course, you could treat the furniture delicately. If that's even possible to do when you're tired, it would be a great way to bring a lot of stress into the room.
Considering that you may spend a third of your life in the bedroom, why not make it nice?
Judging Quality Discount Bedroom Furniture
You can find both good and bad furniture at just about any furniture store. Furniture stores tend to be a bit like car dealerships that way. But some stores can be worse than others.
In particular, be wary of any of the new bedroom furniture lines being sold by discount department stores. Kmart and Target, in particular, have moved into the furniture business with mixed results. According to a recent New York Times article, when a professional furniture craftsman checked out the "designer" pieces at Target, he found a lot of reason to believe the furniture wouldn't last. The biggest cause for alarm: parts that were bolted together without also being glued.
When parts are only bolted together, they will inevitably start wiggling just a bit. As time goes on, the wiggling will pull the bolts loose. Then one day when you slam the "snooze" button, the nightstand will go crashing down beneath it.
Materials are of course as important as workmanship--at least when it comes to price. Everyone knows that hardwood costs more than particle board. But not everyone can spot particle board right away. What does "oaken" mean? Just because something looks like oak, doesn't mean it's oak.
If every inch of surface is covered in some kind of veneer, check the materials label on the furniture's tag. Every piece of furniture you buy should have some kind of label like this. If you're buying online, the website's description of the piece should say what the materials are. If not, take your business elsewhere.
Want a shortcut for finding well-made discount bedroom furniture? Try looking for furniture from a respected design company. An Ethan Allen table sold in one store should be roughly as good as an Ethan Allen table sold in another. Of course, these brands are expensive. You can cut down on cost by comparison shopping online just as you would for electronics or cars. You can even buy the furniture online and have it delivered to your house, the same as from an offline furniture store.
Wherever you buy your bedroom furniture, just make sure it's quality. After all, you'll be spending a third of your life in it.
About the author: Joel Walsh is a freelance writer. Check out this online store for: discount bedroom furniture set http://www.bedroomfurnitureusa.com
By Joel Walsh
Available at: http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/11-28-2005-82530.asp
Remember these tips before you go shopping for your bedroom furniture and you should be protected from being duped into buying a bed that you thought was made of the highest quality wood, only to find that it is a well varnished piece of hardboard. Of course, once you've managed to choose the bed frame and side tables, then you can get down to the process of testing various mattresses which is likely to take even longer, and leave you even more confused!
Date Posted: 2009-03-31
Posted By: Decor and Furniture
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Manufacturing,
More Company News
- High Quality Kitchen Dining Furnishings
- The Perfect Wooden Coffee Tables
- Furniture in Cape Town for the Contemporary Home
- Decor in Cape Town
- A Brief Guide to Renovating Your Property
- The Bubble Chair
- Buying furniture online
- What Decor and Furniture is all about
- Interior Decorating Styles
- Useful Tips Before Buying Antique Furniture
- Fine Art Tapestries
- Exotic Decor: Ancient Egyptian Decor
- Bathroom Decor - Matching Colour and Design
- Decorating Tips for Your Home Office
- Decorating Ideas for Your Home Office
- Mediterranean Look for a Temperate Climate
- Garden furniture Today
- Glass Dining Furniture-Mix and Match
- Choosing Dining Room Furniture for Your Lifestyle
- Advice on Modern furniture
- Bedroom Decor Furniture - For Your Personal Space
- French Furniture
- Decorate Your Bedroom to Look Designer Without the Cost
- Economics and Furniture Room Design
- Expert Tips for Home and Furniture
- Decorating Ideas for Corporate Events
- Home Office Furniture
- Buying Furniture For Your Office
- Wooden Furniture - Beauty and Elegance
- Office Wall decor - Boost Your Business Image
- French Design For Your Bedroom
- Outdoor Furniture - Modern Decor Style
- Buying Patio Furniture
- Baby Furniture Cribs - Styles and Designs
- Oak Furniture - Classic For a Reason
- African Home Decor - Unique Style
- Tips for Buying Kitchen Furniture
- Dining room Furniture - Things to Consider when choosing a Dining Table
- A Rocking Horse - Kids Dream Furniture
- Arranging Dining Tables to host Great Dinners and Gatherings
- Furniture, Carpets and Clothes - How to save Yourself from Wine Stains
- Bedroom furniture - All the choices Available to You
- Stain-free Furniture - Stain removal Techniques for your Couch
- Keeping your Dog off the Furniture
- Modern Furniture - A Glass Coffee Table's Versatility
- What Contemporary Furniture is, and Why you Should Add some to your Home
- Sofa, Couch or Love-seat? - Choosing your furniture Wisely
- Decorate your Living room in Contemporary Style
- Make your Wooden Furniture Last Longer
- Caring for your Leather Furniture
- Back to Basics with Decorating your Home
- How Mosaic can add Spice to your Home Decor
- How to Spot the Difference between Discount and Bad quality Furniture
- Choosing your Patio Furniture
- Add some Class to your Room with an Ottoman
- Decorate your home With good Lighting
- Rotating Dining room Chairs and Tables
- More tips to Make your House into a Home
- Choosing your Coffee Table - Take it Seriously!
- Curb your Cat's Furniture destruction Instincts
- Decorate your Home according to Your Co-habitants
- Ten Pointers for DIY Interior Design
- Make your Furniture Last - Upkeep and Cleaning Techniques
- Decorating your Space - 5 Common Mistakes & Solutions
- Protect your Furniture from your Pets
- Keep it Simple: Decorate with Contemporary Furniture and Art
- Furnish your Home in the Style of the Stars
- Protect your Furniture: The 7 Deadly Sins of Furniture Destruction
- Versatile Decor and Furniture: How to Adapt to Changes
- Moving House, and not Moving Furniture
- Living Room Furniture: How to Make the Most of It
- Lengthen the Life of Your Outdoor Furniture
- Learning the Basics of Good Furniture Arrangement
- Quick Guide to Maintaining your Modern Furniture
- Furniture - 5 tips before buying your furniture
- How to choose the best sofa bed for your home
- Office furniture that saves space
- Cape Town Furniture Suppliers
- Trends in Contemporary Furniture
- Home Theatre - the basics
- How to choose an office chair
- Buying Office Furniture in 3 easy steps
- Kids furniture
- Lisa King Art Gallery and Furniching from Green Point Cape Town sign up
- South Africa's best furniture website makes a big impression
- New website for Decor and Furniture
- Beds, chairs, couches, tables, decor and art
- Decor and Furniture online showroom
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home