Decor and Furniture
More tips to Make your House into a Home
Recent Company News
- Take your furniture, decor and interior products online now
- Benefits of Online Shopping Home Stores
- Best Home Furniture Shop Online
- A Stylish Dresser to Add the Finishing Touch
- Oak Furniture: Durability and Style
- How to Make Create the Perfect Lounge for Your Home?
- Shopping Online for That Awesome Glass Table
- Different Types of Kitchen Tables
- Discovering Decor and Furniture in the Western Cape
- The Armchair - The Ideal Furniture for Those Who Believe in Perfection!
- High Quality Kitchen Dining Furnishings
When moving house or renovating your home, it is usually the case that all decorating and furnishing decisions must be made in the few hours between work and sleep, and all purchases must either be delivered to the doorstep or shopped for on the weekend. Bearing in mind that there are people that make a career out of interior design, taking days to plan and implement themes, balance lighting and all the other considerations that the layman is likely to have no idea about; it is wise to get some pointers before attempting to decorate your home yourself. Take some of the advice in the below article to heart and save yourself that cold shiver that comes when you realize that the cupboard you just bought can't fit through your front door...
If you are looking to furnish and decorate your home, visit our online showroom at www.decorandfurniture.co.za
Home Decor: Home Interior Decorating Ideas
By: Sonal Panse
Home interior decorating can be quite a daunting prospect. There are a great many details to be taken into consideration, and innumerable possible interior decorating ideas that you can come up with. Just knowing where to start is a major issue. You can, of course, just call in a professional Interior Decorator and save yourself all the bother, but then you will miss out on the fun part of doing up your home yourself, of imprinting your home with your own personality. Because, of course, your home interior design should reflect your personality; without that personal touch even the most perfect arrangement in the world would fall short. . It is also important, when going for home decoration, to give a lot of thought to comfort, functionality, safety, and ambiance. You need to develop an overall plan before you get started.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
What is your budget?
Are you going to do the entire house or just one room?
What are the rooms going to be used for?
Who is going to use the rooms?
Have you taken into account the storage space you will require?
What kind of effect do you want?
Do you want any specific look?
What is your personal style?
Do you want a low maintenance interior or can you manage a high maintenance interior?
Do you need to make special concessions or take special care for children or pets?
Can you rearrange or recycle old furniture or will you need to buy new furniture?
Can you put the various odds and ends you have around the house to some useful or creative purpose? Like making a lamp out of an old vase or stuff like that.
Do you collect books, musical instruments, ornaments, stones, shells, crystal ware, dolls, and so on? If so, how and where will you display them to their best advantage?
Once you have formed enough ideas regarding all these, you can move on to other home décor concerns.
What is your floor plan? To find out, measure your entire living area, including windows, doors, cupboards, etc.
What color or colors do you want and in what combinations? Do you want something calm and harmonious, or are you looking to make a bold statement?
What kind of patterns, textures, and special effects would you like? Try thinking out of the box. You can collect color samples, fabric samples, photographs, etc. You can get tips and inspiration for home decorating from a great many different sources. Match, mix, and shuffle your ideas, and take your time before you settle on the right combination for you.
Are you going to have any special theme?
What kind of lighting arrangements are you going to have? You will find an immense wide variety of lights and light appliances in the market to choose from. Most people usually install bright lighting in kitchens and bathrooms, and go for softer lighting in other living areas. You might also want to use special illumination to highlight your collection displays.
Are you going to have floor tiles and, if so, what kind of floor tiles? Or, what kind of wall fittings, what kind of furniture, what kind of curtains, sofa covers, bed covers, and so on, what kind of bathroom tiles and fittings.
If you have decided on a specific look, you have to make sure that the furnishings and accessories that will gel with the theme. You can either choose one theme for the entire house or you can have different themes. Personally I'd go for different themes. It might be fun to be able to say to guests, "So, would you like to stay on the Pacific Island or in the Serengeti, or would you care for a nap in Sixteenth Century England?" On the other hand, since you're the one that has to mop up the Island, the Serengeti, and Old England, maybe you should think about these home decorating ideas first.
One thing to remember is that you don't have to get everything done right and proper all at once. You can develop your interior setting gradually.
By Sonal Panse
Available at: buzzle.com
Hopefully this article has served to inspire rather than deter, becuase it is certainly a far more rewarding feeling to have decorated your own home, giving privilege to those things that mean the most to you. Colour combinations and appropriate matching of themes, among many other considerations, may prove to be a great challenge to many so keep in mind that you should ask for help from someone more knowledgable when you feel that you are stuck, rather than creating something that will be hurting your eyes for years to come.
Date Posted: 2009-03-23
Posted By: Decor and Furniture
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Manufacturing,
More Company News
- High Quality Kitchen Dining Furnishings
- The Perfect Wooden Coffee Tables
- Furniture in Cape Town for the Contemporary Home
- Decor in Cape Town
- A Brief Guide to Renovating Your Property
- The Bubble Chair
- Buying furniture online
- What Decor and Furniture is all about
- Interior Decorating Styles
- Useful Tips Before Buying Antique Furniture
- Fine Art Tapestries
- Exotic Decor: Ancient Egyptian Decor
- Bathroom Decor - Matching Colour and Design
- Decorating Tips for Your Home Office
- Decorating Ideas for Your Home Office
- Mediterranean Look for a Temperate Climate
- Garden furniture Today
- Glass Dining Furniture-Mix and Match
- Choosing Dining Room Furniture for Your Lifestyle
- Advice on Modern furniture
- Bedroom Decor Furniture - For Your Personal Space
- French Furniture
- Decorate Your Bedroom to Look Designer Without the Cost
- Economics and Furniture Room Design
- Expert Tips for Home and Furniture
- Decorating Ideas for Corporate Events
- Home Office Furniture
- Buying Furniture For Your Office
- Wooden Furniture - Beauty and Elegance
- Office Wall decor - Boost Your Business Image
- French Design For Your Bedroom
- Outdoor Furniture - Modern Decor Style
- Buying Patio Furniture
- Baby Furniture Cribs - Styles and Designs
- Oak Furniture - Classic For a Reason
- African Home Decor - Unique Style
- Tips for Buying Kitchen Furniture
- Dining room Furniture - Things to Consider when choosing a Dining Table
- A Rocking Horse - Kids Dream Furniture
- Arranging Dining Tables to host Great Dinners and Gatherings
- Furniture, Carpets and Clothes - How to save Yourself from Wine Stains
- Bedroom furniture - All the choices Available to You
- Stain-free Furniture - Stain removal Techniques for your Couch
- Keeping your Dog off the Furniture
- Modern Furniture - A Glass Coffee Table's Versatility
- What Contemporary Furniture is, and Why you Should Add some to your Home
- Sofa, Couch or Love-seat? - Choosing your furniture Wisely
- Decorate your Living room in Contemporary Style
- Make your Wooden Furniture Last Longer
- Caring for your Leather Furniture
- Back to Basics with Decorating your Home
- How Mosaic can add Spice to your Home Decor
- How to Spot the Difference between Discount and Bad quality Furniture
- Choosing your Patio Furniture
- Add some Class to your Room with an Ottoman
- Decorate your home With good Lighting
- Rotating Dining room Chairs and Tables
- More tips to Make your House into a Home
- Choosing your Coffee Table - Take it Seriously!
- Curb your Cat's Furniture destruction Instincts
- Decorate your Home according to Your Co-habitants
- Ten Pointers for DIY Interior Design
- Make your Furniture Last - Upkeep and Cleaning Techniques
- Decorating your Space - 5 Common Mistakes & Solutions
- Protect your Furniture from your Pets
- Keep it Simple: Decorate with Contemporary Furniture and Art
- Furnish your Home in the Style of the Stars
- Protect your Furniture: The 7 Deadly Sins of Furniture Destruction
- Versatile Decor and Furniture: How to Adapt to Changes
- Moving House, and not Moving Furniture
- Living Room Furniture: How to Make the Most of It
- Lengthen the Life of Your Outdoor Furniture
- Learning the Basics of Good Furniture Arrangement
- Quick Guide to Maintaining your Modern Furniture
- Furniture - 5 tips before buying your furniture
- How to choose the best sofa bed for your home
- Office furniture that saves space
- Cape Town Furniture Suppliers
- Trends in Contemporary Furniture
- Home Theatre - the basics
- How to choose an office chair
- Buying Office Furniture in 3 easy steps
- Kids furniture
- Lisa King Art Gallery and Furniching from Green Point Cape Town sign up
- South Africa's best furniture website makes a big impression
- New website for Decor and Furniture
- Beds, chairs, couches, tables, decor and art
- Decor and Furniture online showroom
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home