Decor and Furniture
Buying Office Furniture in 3 easy steps
Recent Company News
- Take your furniture, decor and interior products online now
- Benefits of Online Shopping Home Stores
- Best Home Furniture Shop Online
- A Stylish Dresser to Add the Finishing Touch
- Oak Furniture: Durability and Style
- How to Make Create the Perfect Lounge for Your Home?
- Shopping Online for That Awesome Glass Table
- Different Types of Kitchen Tables
- Discovering Decor and Furniture in the Western Cape
- The Armchair - The Ideal Furniture for Those Who Believe in Perfection!
- High Quality Kitchen Dining Furnishings
Buying Office Furniture in 3 easy steps
Given that we generally spend more time in our offices than in our homes it is important to create a comfortable, functional and even inspiring atmosphere for yourself and your employees.
While you might think that it is no problem to just whip a few pieces of office furniture together to create a confortable environment a little bit of thought will go a long way towards creating a more productive and therefore more profitable environment
For a start a little bit of research will save you time money and a whole lot of anxiety along the way.
Remember that while you might not be able to buy everything you see, the time may well come when you can and the research you do in the beginning will assist in ensuring that you give yourself the right options when this time comes
Step One: Assess your business and your needs
You should be asking yourself questions such as :
What am I trying to accomplish through my business?
How many hours will I spend in my office to accomplish my goals?
Who else will be spending time in my office?
How important is image to my business and office?
What pieces of office furniture do I have to have to operate my business?
Will my business expand in the future?.
Once you've assessed your business, you should have a very good sense of what furniture you will need as well as the importance of its look and feel. Make sure that you assess your space to make yourself aware of any space limitations you may have. Measure your work stations carefully to make sure that what you choose will fit.
Step Two:- Use what furniture you have already got
Once you have established what you need and before you go rushing out to shop you ought to take a good look at what you have. There is no reason to start from scratch unless it is absolutely necessary.
If you are working from home and moving into a larger office, you may already have one desk set and simply need to purchase an additional one. Maybe you have a few pieces that with a little bit imagination and a quick coat of paint could well fit into your new office. If they fit your office image, use them!
This is also a good time to realistically estimate how much money you can spend on furniture. If you're on a tight budget, as many business owners are, it's generally not a great idea to spend a large amount of money on high end furniture, unless you think that ‘image’ is key to determining your business's success.
Step 3:- Choose your supplier and make your purchase
Once you have a clear sense of what you want, it is time to go shopping. As with any major purchase, it is a good idea to shop around before making your final decision. Compare prices and products to find the best deal. The Internet and websites such as Décor and Furniture are a great place to start
Once you have found the kind of office furniture you want you should get at least two and preferably three quotes before making your final decision. You should also consider that you might like to rent your furniture rather than buy in the beginning.
Furniture dealers can help you with this decision and should also be able to show you what lines of office furniture can be easily expanded in the future. You will almost certainly have to phone around to get the best deal and once you have a price don’t be afraid to take it up with your supplier of choice to see if they will match the best prices out there.
For those with a bit more time auctions can also be great fun and often offer real bargains too. Just make sure that you go, knowing what you want and be careful not to get caught up in the moment.
Once you've chosen a supplier, make the purchase and set up your office! Remember that getting and updating furniture can be an ongoing process, so keep a furniture file of all you research so that when the time comes time to expand or change your business, you can quickly sift through your options and get exactly what you want at the right price
Date Posted: 2007-03-22
Posted By: Decor and Furniture
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Manufacturing,
More Company News
- High Quality Kitchen Dining Furnishings
- The Perfect Wooden Coffee Tables
- Furniture in Cape Town for the Contemporary Home
- Decor in Cape Town
- A Brief Guide to Renovating Your Property
- The Bubble Chair
- Buying furniture online
- What Decor and Furniture is all about
- Interior Decorating Styles
- Useful Tips Before Buying Antique Furniture
- Fine Art Tapestries
- Exotic Decor: Ancient Egyptian Decor
- Bathroom Decor - Matching Colour and Design
- Decorating Tips for Your Home Office
- Decorating Ideas for Your Home Office
- Mediterranean Look for a Temperate Climate
- Garden furniture Today
- Glass Dining Furniture-Mix and Match
- Choosing Dining Room Furniture for Your Lifestyle
- Advice on Modern furniture
- Bedroom Decor Furniture - For Your Personal Space
- French Furniture
- Decorate Your Bedroom to Look Designer Without the Cost
- Economics and Furniture Room Design
- Expert Tips for Home and Furniture
- Decorating Ideas for Corporate Events
- Home Office Furniture
- Buying Furniture For Your Office
- Wooden Furniture - Beauty and Elegance
- Office Wall decor - Boost Your Business Image
- French Design For Your Bedroom
- Outdoor Furniture - Modern Decor Style
- Buying Patio Furniture
- Baby Furniture Cribs - Styles and Designs
- Oak Furniture - Classic For a Reason
- African Home Decor - Unique Style
- Tips for Buying Kitchen Furniture
- Dining room Furniture - Things to Consider when choosing a Dining Table
- A Rocking Horse - Kids Dream Furniture
- Arranging Dining Tables to host Great Dinners and Gatherings
- Furniture, Carpets and Clothes - How to save Yourself from Wine Stains
- Bedroom furniture - All the choices Available to You
- Stain-free Furniture - Stain removal Techniques for your Couch
- Keeping your Dog off the Furniture
- Modern Furniture - A Glass Coffee Table's Versatility
- What Contemporary Furniture is, and Why you Should Add some to your Home
- Sofa, Couch or Love-seat? - Choosing your furniture Wisely
- Decorate your Living room in Contemporary Style
- Make your Wooden Furniture Last Longer
- Caring for your Leather Furniture
- Back to Basics with Decorating your Home
- How Mosaic can add Spice to your Home Decor
- How to Spot the Difference between Discount and Bad quality Furniture
- Choosing your Patio Furniture
- Add some Class to your Room with an Ottoman
- Decorate your home With good Lighting
- Rotating Dining room Chairs and Tables
- More tips to Make your House into a Home
- Choosing your Coffee Table - Take it Seriously!
- Curb your Cat's Furniture destruction Instincts
- Decorate your Home according to Your Co-habitants
- Ten Pointers for DIY Interior Design
- Make your Furniture Last - Upkeep and Cleaning Techniques
- Decorating your Space - 5 Common Mistakes & Solutions
- Protect your Furniture from your Pets
- Keep it Simple: Decorate with Contemporary Furniture and Art
- Furnish your Home in the Style of the Stars
- Protect your Furniture: The 7 Deadly Sins of Furniture Destruction
- Versatile Decor and Furniture: How to Adapt to Changes
- Moving House, and not Moving Furniture
- Living Room Furniture: How to Make the Most of It
- Lengthen the Life of Your Outdoor Furniture
- Learning the Basics of Good Furniture Arrangement
- Quick Guide to Maintaining your Modern Furniture
- Furniture - 5 tips before buying your furniture
- How to choose the best sofa bed for your home
- Office furniture that saves space
- Cape Town Furniture Suppliers
- Trends in Contemporary Furniture
- Home Theatre - the basics
- How to choose an office chair
- Buying Office Furniture in 3 easy steps
- Kids furniture
- Lisa King Art Gallery and Furniching from Green Point Cape Town sign up
- South Africa's best furniture website makes a big impression
- New website for Decor and Furniture
- Beds, chairs, couches, tables, decor and art
- Decor and Furniture online showroom
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home