Improved Self Image: Dress, Walk And Act The Part
Recent Company News
- How Image Consultants Use Free Publicity
- Total Consumer Advice on Clothing
- Body Shape Fashion Tips
- APPROPRIATE VS INAPPROPRIATE ITEMS FOR THE WORKPLACE
- Follow these 10 Steps to Improve Your Self Image
- Top Self Improvement Advice
- Self Improvement for Job Interview Success
- Improved Self Image: Dress, Walk And Act The Part
- Improve Your Self Image
- Exercise routine - Improved Apearance
- Improve Your Image
How you see yourself plays a large role in determining how others see you, There are, however two sides to this mirror,. True, If we see ourselves as people of some value and worth, we will dress, walk and act the part. But there is always the danger that we will begin to see ourselves as the fairest of them all - because then we could be headed for a great fall. What ever you see in the mirror now can be changed to what you want to see.
In the article below the author is talking about how improving your image can help you improve your business. Read this article and get the guide lines to improving yourself image.
If you are looking for a corporate/personal image consultant with over 20 years of experience in the field, go to www.janeshonfeld.co.za
Improve Your Self Image – Improve Your Business
By: Cheryl Haining
How you see yourself and feel about yourself is vital to your success and happiness. You can achieve your desired goals with the right tools. A regular mental workout will keep your self-image in shape.
This is a generally neglected area in people’s life. It is closely connected to the success or failure of any undertaking. Self-image is your true opinion of yourself. A personal account of who you are, visually, mentally and physically. Most of us do not work on our self-image. We battle against it, disbelieving and ignoring its existence. History repeats itself when we do not attend to the needs of our self-image. Learn how to improve your self-image by putting the following steps into practice. When you apply these principles on a daily basis you will see amazing results.
Make a list of all the negative thoughts you have about yourself. Things like “I get up to late, my office is always a mess, I procrastinate, I am no good at this, what if it doesn’t work?” etc. When you have finished write another list including everything you like about yourself. Make this list longer than the first. Only use positive language. “I am a good listener, I dress well, I am always on time” etc. Now take every item on your negative list and create its positive opposite. “I get up late” becomes “I can get up early”. This new list becomes your active List for Improvement. This is a very important step. The brain will accept as true all the information you feed it
Decide on your new Self Image
Now that you have an improvement list, create a new image for yourself. Regularly visualize yourself doing and being everything on your list. Vividly depict the areas of your life you are changing or improving. When you go to bed at night spend 5-10 minutes watching the new you. You may be thinner, have a new car, incredible income, fantastic friends and social life. These mental images retrain your self-image and reinforce your desires. The brain doesn’t know the difference between what is real and what is vividly imagined. You can turn your desired images into reality. Decide you want a new image and get busy mentally creating it.
Focus on success.
Keep a daily diary listing all your successes. As you progress the number of entries will grow Your self-image will strengthen and mirror your list of improvements, giving positive reinforcement to the new you.
Work in the Present
Many people dwell on past mistakes or worry about the future. NOW is the only moment you can control. Chris Widener says that time is more important than money. We can always make more money, but we can never make more time. You can more forward at a much faster pace if you concentrate on what you can achieve now.
Have a Life Plan
There are numerous cd’s and books devoted to the importance of goal setting and how to accomplish it. If you don’t have at least one I suggest you start buying NOW.
Make your plan in three sections
How I want to be. Write your list here and add a date when you will achieve each item.
What I want to have. Write a list of things you want to acquire, include photos, and put down the date you intend to have them.
What I need to do. Here write the plan of how you will achieve the above.
This is goal setting. Ensure your goals are genuine desires, realistic and well defined.
“Every day in Every way I am getting Better and Better”.
Busy people don’t have time to reinforce their self-image countless times a day. Even though this is the fastest way to rejuvenate self-image. So have flash cards with you, on your desk, in the car, bathroom, next to the bed. Use short affirmations to trigger positive images in your mind.
Set aside time each day to work on your self-development. With a positive self-image your strength will grow and your weaknesses diminish. Following the above simple steps involves self-discipline and a desire to achieve success in life. Be focused and your self-image and business will soar.
Date Posted: 2009-07-15
Posted By: JANE SHONFELD
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Business services & consultants, Entertainment, Personal Services,
More Company News
- Improve Your Image
- Dress Up For The Occasion
- Stay Warm And Stylish with Long Sleeve Polos
- Choosing a Hairstyle to Compliment your professional Look
- Dress to get the Job - Interview Attire
- How to Choose Stylish Plus-size Clothing
- Weight Loss Programs - 5 things to Consider before Choosing
- Winter fashion 2009 - Stay warm and Professional
- What to look for When buying Nylon Stockings
- Formal Wear - The essentials of Office Clothing
- The Weight loss Programme that Won't give you Sleepless nights
- Choosing shoes to Save the World
- Strive for Excellence, not Perfection
- Dressing appropriately For work Opportunities
- Improve your Image - Correct your Posture and Leave Back pain Behind
- Appropriate Humour in the Workplace
- Maximize your Image Potential - Picking the Right Clothes
- Presentation is Power: Dress like a Winner
- Match your Fashion with your Self-Image
- High-Heels: How everyday Fashion may be Hurting you
- Women in The Workplace, Then & Now: Skirt and Blouse to Power Dressing
- Compliment your Corporate Image with a Functional Scarf
- Fashion: 4 Trends for 2009
- Summer Fashions
- The Ultimate 3 Day Crash Diet
- Building Business Rapport in Emerging Markets
- Gear up for Global Warming
- Correct corporate dress will improve your bottom line
- Appropriate vs Inappropriate clothing in the workplace
- Clothing and our environment
- Dress for sales success
- Reinvent yourself for just R295
- Reinvent yourself this winter
- Selling Yourself to Succeed
- Make me Marketable Training course
- This is the year to Make the Most of Yourself
- The Change Room
- Do you want to 'Make the Most of Yourself'?
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home