Weight Loss Programs - 5 things to Consider before Choosing
Recent Company News
- How Image Consultants Use Free Publicity
- Total Consumer Advice on Clothing
- Body Shape Fashion Tips
- APPROPRIATE VS INAPPROPRIATE ITEMS FOR THE WORKPLACE
- Follow these 10 Steps to Improve Your Self Image
- Top Self Improvement Advice
- Self Improvement for Job Interview Success
- Improved Self Image: Dress, Walk And Act The Part
- Improve Your Self Image
- Exercise routine - Improved Apearance
- Improve Your Image
If you watch TV and read magazines you will no doubt have been bombarded by waves of diet programs and products. Each year brings a new bunch of weight loss ideas all claiming to have been clinically proven as being the best and most effective. With such an overload of information you have little chance of being able to discern which is the one for you to choose. Most important is to know what your body does and does not need, and the best place to go to find that out is to a doctor or nutritionist. Once that is done, then just follow the pointers in the article below and you should be on the path to better health...
If you are looking for a corporate/personal image consultant with over 20 years of experience in the field, go to www.janeshonfeld.co.za
How to choose a weight loss program in 5 easy steps
By: Emile Jarreau
How in the heck can you choose an effective weight loss program when there are so many choices? Pills, potions, lotions and more tempt the eye in just about every store you walk into.
Even worse are the TV commercials. How can it be that EVERYONE has the best, most effective, weight loss secret ever invented? It is no wonder that thousands of people are unsuccessful with the weight loss programs that they start.
Before they can even make some progress with one plan, another one catches their eye and promises to be much better than anything they have tried before. They stop the first one only to start a new one. The key to reaching your goals with a weight loss program is to have a plan. Having a plan that you write down is so key if you want true success.
Below, I have outlined 5 easy steps to help you choose a weight loss program.
1.Do your research-I know it seems daunting, but spending some time checking out as many weight loss programs as you can will really go a long way in helping you succeed with your goals. The more information you have about what is out there, the better decision you can make.
2.Choose realistic goals-If you need to lose 100 lbs, for instance, don't fall for a program that promises you will reach your goal in 12 weeks. You have to make sure to take into consideration that the program must be tailored for YOU; some of the claims made by companies are simply made to sell, not to help.
3.Monitor your progress-No matter what kind of weight loss program you choose, it is important that you keep a daily journal. Keep the journal with you at all times. You can decide how much info you will update, but categories like what you ate that day, how you felt, any weight you have loss since you last weighted yourself are all good choices. This record will help you to see areas you may be weak and areas in which you are making progress.
4.Enlist the help of others-Don't expect yourself to be an expert, ask others that have been there before you! Chances are you know someone who has had success with a weight loss program. Pick their brain. Find out what program they used, how they did it, if they have any tips they can share. In addition, you may want to hire a personal trainer as part of your program. This can greatly speed up the results you achieve.
5.Change, if you need to-Finally, if things just aren't working out or you need to make adjustments, then CHANGE, by all means change. Don't feel that you are stuck or trapped and can't change just because you decided on a plan of action. The key is to keep your progress moving forward. If this is not happening for any reason, then check over your plan, see where modifications may help out, and go ahead and make them.
You are in control of your own destiny. Remember, success with a weight loss program takes more than just buying a product or joining a gym. You have to make your plan and stick to it and most of all, KEEP AT IT.
Success will not come overnight, but if you keep these 5 tips in mind, you will certainly have a great chance of achieving your weight loss goals.
http://www.MrFatLoss.com , aka, Emile Jarreau is 31 year veteran fitness professional and co-owner of M2FtinessPros.com in Long Beach, California. Also having 19 years of bodybuilding and figure coaching experience, he specializes in fat loss and all its aspects and freely shares online resources to the world.
Remember that the battle for weight loss is not one that you fight alone and you should keep in touch with someone close to you who is on the same path for motivation. If not someone close to you, then someone at the gym, or link up with fellow dieters on the internet. This will help push you towards your goals, and give you perspective on your progress.
Date Posted: 2009-04-08
Posted By: JANE SHONFELD
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Business services & consultants, Entertainment, Personal Services,
More Company News
- Improve Your Image
- Dress Up For The Occasion
- Stay Warm And Stylish with Long Sleeve Polos
- Choosing a Hairstyle to Compliment your professional Look
- Dress to get the Job - Interview Attire
- How to Choose Stylish Plus-size Clothing
- Weight Loss Programs - 5 things to Consider before Choosing
- Winter fashion 2009 - Stay warm and Professional
- What to look for When buying Nylon Stockings
- Formal Wear - The essentials of Office Clothing
- The Weight loss Programme that Won't give you Sleepless nights
- Choosing shoes to Save the World
- Strive for Excellence, not Perfection
- Dressing appropriately For work Opportunities
- Improve your Image - Correct your Posture and Leave Back pain Behind
- Appropriate Humour in the Workplace
- Maximize your Image Potential - Picking the Right Clothes
- Presentation is Power: Dress like a Winner
- Match your Fashion with your Self-Image
- High-Heels: How everyday Fashion may be Hurting you
- Women in The Workplace, Then & Now: Skirt and Blouse to Power Dressing
- Compliment your Corporate Image with a Functional Scarf
- Fashion: 4 Trends for 2009
- Summer Fashions
- The Ultimate 3 Day Crash Diet
- Building Business Rapport in Emerging Markets
- Gear up for Global Warming
- Correct corporate dress will improve your bottom line
- Appropriate vs Inappropriate clothing in the workplace
- Clothing and our environment
- Dress for sales success
- Reinvent yourself for just R295
- Reinvent yourself this winter
- Selling Yourself to Succeed
- Make me Marketable Training course
- This is the year to Make the Most of Yourself
- The Change Room
- Do you want to 'Make the Most of Yourself'?
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home