Winter fashion 2009 - Stay warm and Professional
Recent Company News
- How Image Consultants Use Free Publicity
- Total Consumer Advice on Clothing
- Body Shape Fashion Tips
- APPROPRIATE VS INAPPROPRIATE ITEMS FOR THE WORKPLACE
- Follow these 10 Steps to Improve Your Self Image
- Top Self Improvement Advice
- Self Improvement for Job Interview Success
- Improved Self Image: Dress, Walk And Act The Part
- Improve Your Self Image
- Exercise routine - Improved Apearance
- Improve Your Image
When it comes to fashion, winter is a word that few like to hear and many choose to deny its presence until catching a flu forces them into warmer clothes! This need not be the case though as choices for winter fashion are actually in abundance from jackets to boots. It is often the case that people see winter as a time when it doesn't matter if you wear the same outfit to work time and time again. Don't let yourself slip into this habit, keep your wardrobe as fresh as your professionalism with some of these ideas...
If you are looking for a corporate/personal image consultant with over 20 years of experience in the field, go to www.janeshonfeld.co.za
Buying Winter Clothing: Winter Coats and Boots for Women
By: Kashmira Lad
The winter season can be as enjoyable as the summer season when it comes to sporting the latest fashion trends. Buying winter clothing is not always a tedious task if you follow these basic tips that can help you put together the hottest winter outfits, for a cold day ahead.
The winter season may not always be very inviting to the hard-core fashionistas. For women who believe that showing skin is always in, this might not be the best time to sport their cocktail dresses. But hey, this season is not always a difficult time to look fashionable.
Fashionable winter clothing is not always about wearing layers and layers of garments. First, while buying winter clothing, ensure they are always made of warmer materials like wool or cashmere. Pick up the leading glossies for the latest patterns and trends. Choose designs that are svelte and enhance the best in you.
Winter clothes can never be complete without the mention of jackets and winter coats. Women’s winter jackets are designed to insulate you from the biting cold outside. Available in different lengths, you can play around with different styles and find one that can best suit all your different looks. Although the only answer to battle the chills is considered to be numerous layering, one can check features such as fake fur trimmings and tight, snug fits that can keep you warm and not let any air from outside, enter the coat. Women’s winter coats can be long or short and trendy. Most designs available today are such that compliment the woman’s body. So women, who tend to be on the heavier side, need not always worry about looking bulkier during the winter season.
Women’s winter coats are available in a variety of materials like wool and tweed. Look for good labels that give you the option to pick materials that best suit the weather conditions of your place. Certain women can even opt for denim winter coats if they live in an area that experiences mild winter. This works in keeping the body warm and comfortable. These are often crafted in shorter styles that look trendy and are detailed with fur collars or even patches of leather.
Always note that the base layer of your outfit must be very effective. Women’s winter clothes should comprise of materials that should allow the sweat to evaporate. For the lower half of the body, go in for pants that have a flattering cut and comprise of material like wool. This would keep you snug all day without adding too much bulk to the body. For girls who love flirty skirts, you can combine them with warm leggings. These leggings are available in numerous prints and colors to help you co-ordinate your wardrobe in the best possible way.
Winter clothing can never be complete without the mention of women’s winter boots. Although you may think that the winter season may not offer you too much flexibility as far as footwear is concerned, this may not always hold true. Black winter boots always remain to be the favorite amongst most fashion savvy women. Cowboy boots add to the bootylicious factor for your entire winter ensemble. Ankle length boots that are paired with skinny jeans make a hot combo for a dull and dreary winter day. If this tends to be too jazzy for you, then you can go in for casual winter shoes like slouch boots. These come with low heels and look fabulous when teamed with skirts. A good pair of shoes can help you alter your winter clothing to a great extent.
Winder clothing need not always mean dull colors. Work on the texture and colors of the outfits. Go in for metallic shades to spruce up the dull blacks. Gunmetal silver and dark gold tones work for any night-out. Accessorize your winter clothing with a metallic bag for some added glitz and glamor.
Here are some tips for buying winter clothing:
•Ensure you pick up some good quality thermal underwear as this helps in protection without any additional bulk on the person. This would also help you to minimize unnecessary layers.
•When it comes to stockings, go in for wool and use dark shades to look on the slimmer side.
•Whatever you choose for the day, ensure they are made from warmer materials. This would again minimize any further layers on the body.
•Always try various outlets before you buy the ultimate winter coat. The right fit can turn your boring outfit into an exciting one.
•If you don’t have too much time to fuss around buying winter clothing, ensure you get a gorgeous pashmina shawl. Add on some accessories and watch everybody sit up and take notice of the elegant new you!
By Kashmira Lad
Don't let winter make you dull, keep looking for clothes and outfit combinations that will maintain your fresh look. Collect a variety of winter boots, jackets with different cuts and linings, and get some bags that will go with your winter look to keep up your classy and professional image.
Date Posted: 2009-04-07
Posted By: JANE SHONFELD
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Business services & consultants, Entertainment, Personal Services,
More Company News
- Improve Your Image
- Dress Up For The Occasion
- Stay Warm And Stylish with Long Sleeve Polos
- Choosing a Hairstyle to Compliment your professional Look
- Dress to get the Job - Interview Attire
- How to Choose Stylish Plus-size Clothing
- Weight Loss Programs - 5 things to Consider before Choosing
- Winter fashion 2009 - Stay warm and Professional
- What to look for When buying Nylon Stockings
- Formal Wear - The essentials of Office Clothing
- The Weight loss Programme that Won't give you Sleepless nights
- Choosing shoes to Save the World
- Strive for Excellence, not Perfection
- Dressing appropriately For work Opportunities
- Improve your Image - Correct your Posture and Leave Back pain Behind
- Appropriate Humour in the Workplace
- Maximize your Image Potential - Picking the Right Clothes
- Presentation is Power: Dress like a Winner
- Match your Fashion with your Self-Image
- High-Heels: How everyday Fashion may be Hurting you
- Women in The Workplace, Then & Now: Skirt and Blouse to Power Dressing
- Compliment your Corporate Image with a Functional Scarf
- Fashion: 4 Trends for 2009
- Summer Fashions
- The Ultimate 3 Day Crash Diet
- Building Business Rapport in Emerging Markets
- Gear up for Global Warming
- Correct corporate dress will improve your bottom line
- Appropriate vs Inappropriate clothing in the workplace
- Clothing and our environment
- Dress for sales success
- Reinvent yourself for just R295
- Reinvent yourself this winter
- Selling Yourself to Succeed
- Make me Marketable Training course
- This is the year to Make the Most of Yourself
- The Change Room
- Do you want to 'Make the Most of Yourself'?
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home