What to look for When buying Nylon Stockings
Recent Company News
- How Image Consultants Use Free Publicity
- Total Consumer Advice on Clothing
- Body Shape Fashion Tips
- APPROPRIATE VS INAPPROPRIATE ITEMS FOR THE WORKPLACE
- Follow these 10 Steps to Improve Your Self Image
- Top Self Improvement Advice
- Self Improvement for Job Interview Success
- Improved Self Image: Dress, Walk And Act The Part
- Improve Your Self Image
- Exercise routine - Improved Apearance
- Improve Your Image
Nylon stockings are such commonplace in women's fashion in the workplace, casual and evening wear that it is easy to forget that they are a relatively recent fashion item. Of course, there were silk stockings prior to the nylon, but the durability, cost and practicality of the synthetic stockings have taken them from being a luxury of the rich to being a product accessible by those with more average incomes. That said, companies still charge extremely various prices for a product made of essentially exactly the same materials, and rather than looking at who manufactured the stockings, what should be focussed on is the comfort...
If you are looking for a corporate/personal image consultant with over 20 years of experience in the field, go to www.janeshonfeld.co.za
Nylon Stockings For The Heel
By: Low Jeremy
Women have used nylon stockings for more than 40 years. This was after people found it much better to wear instead of those originally made from silk.
The discovery of nylon to be used in making stockings has proven to be much cheaper in production. This doesn’t mean that silk has totally been phased out because there are still some companies in the world that make these products for the upscale clientele.
The majority of those that make nylon stockings continue making it in response to the demands in the market. Customers are happy that it doesn’t run easily unlike silk and it easy to dry once it has been washed.
But nylon stockings are not for decorative purposes. It has an important function of keeping the legs warm and the heel comfortable when the person puts on the shoes.
Is there one brand of nylon stockings in the market that can claim it is the best? The answer is no because all of these manufacturers use the same fabric and it really depends on how much the woman can afford.
Take for example a pair of nylon stockings from Givenchy. It doesn’t look that much different from one made by Calvin Klein. Both use 100% nylon and are stretchable.
The only difference between the two is the price. Givenchy costs $4.50 while a pair from Calvin Klein is more than four times for just one pair. If the customer doesn’t have that much money, many will surely settle with the one that is much cheaper.
There are those who think that a pair of stockings with a little more style can drive up the price of a pack bought in the department store.
A pair of stockings from contrasting foot, seam and welt from http://Stockingirl.com, which is online lingerie store fetches for $22. It doesn’t have to be this way when the customer can get the same item from My Divas Closet for just $10.
The different brands that sell these items gives people choices to get good value for money. Some companies even have promos every so often that will make the person save three or four dollars by buying three instead of just one.
The important thing then to remember when buying stockings is not only to look at the price but how comfortable it is on the legs. It may look good in the mirror but things can change when the heel touches the ground so it is best to walk around before buying it.
Published At: http://www.isnare.com
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=129415&ca=Womens+Interest
About Low Jeremy Low Jeremy maintains http://Stockings.ArticlesForReprint.com. This content is provided by Low Jeremy. It may be used only in its entirety with all links included.
Next time you're shopping for stockings remember that comfort comes first, rather than shopping for brand names that may not be the stockings most suited to you. Let your comfort come before your brand conciousness, especially on an item the brand of which will very likely never be known to anyone but yourself and your close friends.
Date Posted: 2009-04-06
Posted By: JANE SHONFELD
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Business services & consultants, Entertainment, Personal Services,
More Company News
- Improve Your Image
- Dress Up For The Occasion
- Stay Warm And Stylish with Long Sleeve Polos
- Choosing a Hairstyle to Compliment your professional Look
- Dress to get the Job - Interview Attire
- How to Choose Stylish Plus-size Clothing
- Weight Loss Programs - 5 things to Consider before Choosing
- Winter fashion 2009 - Stay warm and Professional
- What to look for When buying Nylon Stockings
- Formal Wear - The essentials of Office Clothing
- The Weight loss Programme that Won't give you Sleepless nights
- Choosing shoes to Save the World
- Strive for Excellence, not Perfection
- Dressing appropriately For work Opportunities
- Improve your Image - Correct your Posture and Leave Back pain Behind
- Appropriate Humour in the Workplace
- Maximize your Image Potential - Picking the Right Clothes
- Presentation is Power: Dress like a Winner
- Match your Fashion with your Self-Image
- High-Heels: How everyday Fashion may be Hurting you
- Women in The Workplace, Then & Now: Skirt and Blouse to Power Dressing
- Compliment your Corporate Image with a Functional Scarf
- Fashion: 4 Trends for 2009
- Summer Fashions
- The Ultimate 3 Day Crash Diet
- Building Business Rapport in Emerging Markets
- Gear up for Global Warming
- Correct corporate dress will improve your bottom line
- Appropriate vs Inappropriate clothing in the workplace
- Clothing and our environment
- Dress for sales success
- Reinvent yourself for just R295
- Reinvent yourself this winter
- Selling Yourself to Succeed
- Make me Marketable Training course
- This is the year to Make the Most of Yourself
- The Change Room
- Do you want to 'Make the Most of Yourself'?
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home