Formal Wear - The essentials of Office Clothing
Recent Company News
- How Image Consultants Use Free Publicity
- Total Consumer Advice on Clothing
- Body Shape Fashion Tips
- APPROPRIATE VS INAPPROPRIATE ITEMS FOR THE WORKPLACE
- Follow these 10 Steps to Improve Your Self Image
- Top Self Improvement Advice
- Self Improvement for Job Interview Success
- Improved Self Image: Dress, Walk And Act The Part
- Improve Your Self Image
- Exercise routine - Improved Apearance
- Improve Your Image
It is always a good idea to bring a friend along when you go shopping for clothes, whether they be casual, for the office or evening-wear. One reason is because it is difficult to keep perspective on our own body image because we see our reflections so often; another reason is that we develop a certain perspective of ourselves, our bodies, and what clothes we think look good on us. Of course, it is not always possible to invite a friend that you would be comfortable with taking an opinion from, so the next time you are out looking for clothes on your own, keep these simple pointers in mind...
If you are looking for a corporate/personal image consultant with over 20 years of experience in the field, go to www.janeshonfeld.co.za
Formal Dress For Women - Looking Stylish At The Office
By: Sacha Tarkovsky
Dress formally the right way and you can project a stylish look, that will help you get the job or promotion you crave or close an important business deal.
In work it’s so important because your look can actually make or lose you money, so you need to look your best, so here are some tip tips to make sure you knock them dead.
Getting dressed for the office doesn't mean you can’t follow fashion look stylish or develop a personalized style.
Your aim is to project a professional, competent and dynamic appearance – You mean business is the impression you are trying to create and can handle the job at hand
The style colors and fit of your clothes choices will reflect in the way other people view your ability to do your job.
Below we have outlined some basic tips on how you can maximize your appearance.
Trousers need to be fitted and free of visible panty lines. Skirts, especially straight styles i.e. pencil skirts, should be loose enough to sit down in comfortably and not excessively tight. Clothes need to fit so be aware of size and dress within it
Jackets should to be buttoned and blouses shouldn't have gaps between buttonholes.
2. Traditional career colors include navy (trustworthy), grey (conservative) and black (chic & conservative) be careful of red especially in sales, it can be seen as aggressive and confrontational especially by other women.
Most of these colors work well in trousers, skirts and shoes and you can mix black with softer colorslike light blue, lilac, pink and stone.
Loud colors like bright pink and wild prints are more risky so be careful if you want to mix these in
3. Jewelry that jangles (hoop earrings and stacks of bangles that will indicate you are coming) are no, no. GO for minimal jewellery stud earrings or single bracelets and a nice watch.
4. Slouchy handbags look unprofessional and sloppy. Instead choose structured styles that project an organized and efficient image with sharp lines.
With other accessories don’t neglect them! Everything about you needs to project cleanliness and efficiency.
Manicured nails, run-free hose, clean polished shoes, styled hair. Make sure that everything creates the right look down to the smallest detail.
Looks never to worn to the office include:
6. Sexy clothes - Avoid - See-through garments, miniskirts, really high stilettos, designer labels and to much leather.
7. Clothes should fit correctly and avoid: wrinkled clothing, too many layers and baggy-fit clothing.
Dressing for the office is all about striking a balance between looking good stylish and also looking competent, organized and ready for business.
You can still look sexy in a subtle way, but the look is subtle and not in your face – That is the biggest mistake of all when dressing for the office.
Follow the above tips and get ready to knock them dead!
A great look will help you get ahead in your career and hopefully it will speed you along the career path you desire.
Get More FREE Style PDF's, Video's & Articles
For more FREE fashion articles, video's, PDF style and fashion reports and all you need to know about fashion & style visit our website for a huge resource of articles, features and downloads or click here.
Date Posted: 2009-04-03
Posted By: JANE SHONFELD
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Business services & consultants, Entertainment, Personal Services,
More Company News
- Improve Your Image
- Dress Up For The Occasion
- Stay Warm And Stylish with Long Sleeve Polos
- Choosing a Hairstyle to Compliment your professional Look
- Dress to get the Job - Interview Attire
- How to Choose Stylish Plus-size Clothing
- Weight Loss Programs - 5 things to Consider before Choosing
- Winter fashion 2009 - Stay warm and Professional
- What to look for When buying Nylon Stockings
- Formal Wear - The essentials of Office Clothing
- The Weight loss Programme that Won't give you Sleepless nights
- Choosing shoes to Save the World
- Strive for Excellence, not Perfection
- Dressing appropriately For work Opportunities
- Improve your Image - Correct your Posture and Leave Back pain Behind
- Appropriate Humour in the Workplace
- Maximize your Image Potential - Picking the Right Clothes
- Presentation is Power: Dress like a Winner
- Match your Fashion with your Self-Image
- High-Heels: How everyday Fashion may be Hurting you
- Women in The Workplace, Then & Now: Skirt and Blouse to Power Dressing
- Compliment your Corporate Image with a Functional Scarf
- Fashion: 4 Trends for 2009
- Summer Fashions
- The Ultimate 3 Day Crash Diet
- Building Business Rapport in Emerging Markets
- Gear up for Global Warming
- Correct corporate dress will improve your bottom line
- Appropriate vs Inappropriate clothing in the workplace
- Clothing and our environment
- Dress for sales success
- Reinvent yourself for just R295
- Reinvent yourself this winter
- Selling Yourself to Succeed
- Make me Marketable Training course
- This is the year to Make the Most of Yourself
- The Change Room
- Do you want to 'Make the Most of Yourself'?
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home