Choosing shoes to Save the World
Recent Company News
- How Image Consultants Use Free Publicity
- Total Consumer Advice on Clothing
- Body Shape Fashion Tips
- APPROPRIATE VS INAPPROPRIATE ITEMS FOR THE WORKPLACE
- Follow these 10 Steps to Improve Your Self Image
- Top Self Improvement Advice
- Self Improvement for Job Interview Success
- Improved Self Image: Dress, Walk And Act The Part
- Improve Your Self Image
- Exercise routine - Improved Apearance
- Improve Your Image
The world of finance and the earth itself seem to be going through a process of simultaneous and significant change. While the financial change is severe, it is quite a natural progression of a free market. On the other hand, although the earth has also seen plenty of change throughout its existence, that change has never been caused by a species living on its surface. As such, the extent of the damage that has been done, and the consequences that will result can only be estimated at best.
What is unquestionably clear is that we all need to change our habits, identify what we are doing to contribute to the most significant causes of the destruction of our environment. Interestingly, the largest cause of global warming is not industry or motorized transport, but large-scale livestock farming which accounts for around 30% of global warming internationally. With that in mind, the article below gives some tips on how to buy shoes that won't contribute to this problem...
If you are looking for a corporate/personal image consultant with over 20 years of experience in the field, go to www.janeshonfeld.co.za
Eco-Friendly Fashion Footwear: Cruelty Free Fashion Shoes Every Woman Must Have This Fall/Winter
By: Sara Kubersky
Most Vegan women like myself dread of the thought that over 35 million beautiful, intelligent animals are killed just for their fur or leather on their backs (and that’s only the wintertime!), but that doesn’t stop us from being every bit as stylish as our carnivorous counterparts. Except for the fact, that we only want cruelty-free fashion, we have the same desire to collect dozens upon dozens of sandals, sneakers, loafers, flip-flops, knee-high boots, and other footwear for our shoe wardrobe. Ten years ago, this would have been a challenge – one that would seem almost impossible as all vegan shoes practically looked the same.
Nowadays, finding cruelty-free shoes isn’t as hard as it sounds. Now more than ever, companies are beginning to cater to those with a cruelty-free fashion sense and are now offering a wider variety to choose from. As this trend continues to emerge, the only challenge you will have is figuring out how many shoes do you really need. You’ll have to begin asking yourself how many of them do you really love, and how many fit well, complement your fashion style and are versatile enough to serve multiple purposes.
Here are 5 fall/winter fashion shoe styles to help you create a cruelty-free shoe wardrobe so all encompassing, so perfect, that no matter what the occasion is, you'll have just the right eco-friendly shoe
1. One pair of weather-protective footwear.
If you could only buy one boot in your life, an eco-friendly, air-seal range boot like the 14-Eye Boot from Vegetarian Shoes is the one to go with. If you spend a good amount of time outdoors, go with two pairs. Air-seal range boots sporting steel tipped toe and a sole made from rubber tires will provide you with that everlasting quality you need and want.
2. One or two pairs of fashion boots in a medium or dark neutral.
These leather alternative boots are classic enough for work-wear yet sexy enough to add an edge to jeans and an everyday tee. Top-of-the-calf boots with a flat heel are one of the cold weather season’s hottest looks, but are surprisingly in-demand even as the weather grows warmer. For those of you who love the Engineer boots, but want something a little more fitted, the Biker boots are perfect! When you’re feeling a little “rebel”, wear them as biker boots. When your style is more classic looking, just take off the buckle, instantly providing you with simple, comfortable boots that go with everything.
3. One pair of chic looking boots
Almost knee high boots like the Aurora, give you a chic look with straight skirts and classic-cut trousers. They can be worn with bare legs or opaque winter stockings. Plus, they work well with formal and near-formal wear, they add sophistication to jeans, and instantly dress up a denim skirt and cardigan like nothing else can. You can also get the same look with Alta style that is only 11” from the top of the shoe to the bottom of this eco-friendly fashion footwear. The upper is made from the highest quality synthetic micro-fibers while the lining is usually comprised of extremely soft synthetic micro-fibers or fleece.
4. One pair of neutral-colored casual boots for the weekend
A woman can never go wrong with classics such as the Amy boot. Your weekend casual cruelty-free boot should have an extremely soft and flexible sole making it extremely comfortable for all day wear. Make sure your casual eco-friendly boots exteriors are made of “leather" like synthetic micro-fibers giving you that stylish look, while the interior is made of a soft cotton lining and a generous foot bed that will accommodate your feet.
5. One pair of attractive non-leather sneakers.
The fall time is the perfect time to run around the track at your nearby park, and enjoy your surroundings. Whether your eco-friendly non-leather sneakers are made from hemp or synthetic micro-fibers, they are go well with your tracksuit, yet hard-working enough to perform at the gym. The best athletic/sporty shoes are the pairs that have an extremely supportive EVA sole, and a thick padded tongue.
If you follow the above tips you will create the perfect eco-friendly fall/winter woman's fashion footwear wardrobe, that no matter what the occasion is, you will have the perfect non-leather shoe. Remember, no one can have fashion without compassion.
About Sara Kubersky Sara Kubersky & her sister Erica,Founders of Moo Shoes,opened first cruelty-free store of its kind in NYC. Later as popularity for eco-friendly fashion-wear grew, they opened their Vegan online store. Subscribe for newsletter: http://www.mooshoes.com/news.html, & be first to know about new products.
Published At: www.Isnare.com
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=90566&ca=Womens+Interest
Date Posted: 2009-03-26
Posted By: JANE SHONFELD
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: Business services & consultants, Entertainment, Personal Services,
More Company News
- Improve Your Image
- Dress Up For The Occasion
- Stay Warm And Stylish with Long Sleeve Polos
- Choosing a Hairstyle to Compliment your professional Look
- Dress to get the Job - Interview Attire
- How to Choose Stylish Plus-size Clothing
- Weight Loss Programs - 5 things to Consider before Choosing
- Winter fashion 2009 - Stay warm and Professional
- What to look for When buying Nylon Stockings
- Formal Wear - The essentials of Office Clothing
- The Weight loss Programme that Won't give you Sleepless nights
- Choosing shoes to Save the World
- Strive for Excellence, not Perfection
- Dressing appropriately For work Opportunities
- Improve your Image - Correct your Posture and Leave Back pain Behind
- Appropriate Humour in the Workplace
- Maximize your Image Potential - Picking the Right Clothes
- Presentation is Power: Dress like a Winner
- Match your Fashion with your Self-Image
- High-Heels: How everyday Fashion may be Hurting you
- Women in The Workplace, Then & Now: Skirt and Blouse to Power Dressing
- Compliment your Corporate Image with a Functional Scarf
- Fashion: 4 Trends for 2009
- Summer Fashions
- The Ultimate 3 Day Crash Diet
- Building Business Rapport in Emerging Markets
- Gear up for Global Warming
- Correct corporate dress will improve your bottom line
- Appropriate vs Inappropriate clothing in the workplace
- Clothing and our environment
- Dress for sales success
- Reinvent yourself for just R295
- Reinvent yourself this winter
- Selling Yourself to Succeed
- Make me Marketable Training course
- This is the year to Make the Most of Yourself
- The Change Room
- Do you want to 'Make the Most of Yourself'?
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home