How to get to the top of Google?
Recent Company News
- How to Register a Website?
- Shopping Carts Review
- Trac-Tech - Best Biometric Security Products
- Shopping Carts for Your Website
- A Content Manager is Vital Business Recognition
- The Best Websites Build Your Online Presence
- The Importance of Dynamic Web Page Design
- Spaceacre Stands Out as the Top Web Developer
- Affordable Web Design Services in South Africa
- PHP Programming for Dynamic Websites
- Latest mini site - Catering Gauteng
No one can guarantee that you're going to get to Number 1, the top spot on Google. However, many people do achieve the top position on Google and other search engines through hard work, persistence and the right knowledge. So what factors can help you to get to the top of Google?
REPUTATION: Your reputation comes from what Google and other reputable sites think of your site and its content. Google really care about reputation and those sites that make it to the top of Google are considered to be the best and most reputable for that search term.
Reputation is created through good practice. Your reputation can easily be damaged through poor hosting, lack of branded domain name, swathes of unoriginal content and so-called black hat SEO techniques. Keeping a relevant blog, providing relevant articles or information, linking to reputable sites and having those sites link to you are ways to develop a positive reputation with Google.
AGE: This refers to age of your site, or most often, the age of the domain registration. If you're planning to start a new website, it's often better to get the website registered before you start working on the site. This way, Google values the age of the site from it's registration date, not from the time that you start filling the site with content.
LINKS: Google likes you to be popular in order to place you top of their rankings. If your website receives lots of links from sites that operate with relevant areas to your own website content, then Google smiles upon you. This type of link is sometimes known as an inbound or incoming link. Although not as valued as inbound links, outbound links (those you make from your site to others) are also helpful to your ranking. Again these are tested by Google for their relevancy to your website subject matter and their own reputation and quality.
CONTENT: Google's spider crawlers that 'read' the web actually assess and evaluate the quality of the content of your website. They know if you've endlessly repeated text, if you've just copied content from somewhere else and if you've overstuffed your content with keywords. Google likes high quality content that's fresh, relevant and original.
These four areas all help Google to create a perspective on your website. If Google has a negative opinion of your website and its content, you'll have to work very hard to get a positive one. If you want to get to the top of Google, you'll need to continually work on all four of these areas to obtain and maintain the top spot on Google.
For local assiatcne on this and other web issues please contact Wayne at Spaceacre on 0214236882
Date Posted: 2009-02-15
Posted By: SPACEACRE
Listed under these Business Listing Categories: IT Services & Products, Advertising,
More Company News
- Latest mini site - Catering Gauteng
- A Dynamic Web Design is Just a Few Clicks Away
- Components of an Effective Website for a Beautiful Web Design
- Clean Web Design in South Africa
- Having the Right Web Design Process – What Does It Do to Your Business?
- IT Professional Services – The Right Company for You
- Latest mini site - Wedding Venue in Port Elizabeth
- Spaceacre launch mini Bubble Chair website
- Removing your phones contact info from Facebook
- Website Design in South Africa
- Website Design in Cape Town
- Web and Logo Design: Essential for Small Business
- Website Designing: Right Moves, Right Results
- Web design using the SpaceBuilder Content Management platform
- Web Design Firm vs. Freelance Designer? Things to consider when hiring
- Key Elements to Consider When Having a Website Designed
- Ecommerce: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Web Hosting
- How to get to the top of Google?
- Want an ecommerce website?
- Business websites need not be expensive
- Practical tips for good web page design
- Good email etiquette - helping to stop junk mail and viruses
- A Few More Keys to Good Web Design
- SpaceBuilder a web based E-Business suite
- SA Internet access grows, but only for the haves
- Good Web Design Practices
- HTML website design vs Dynamic web design
- Proper ecommerce shopping cart facilities help build client trust
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Internet Marketing
- Web cam installation
- Small Business Web Design
- Launch of the new Palm Springs Cape Town Flash website
- Web design, web hosting, domain registration
- 10 things you should do to improve every Windows PC
- What's the point of a website that nobody can find?
- Making internet marketing easy for SME's
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home