AUTOMATION: Modern Machine For Reitech
Recent Western Cape Business News
- Department Of Energy and International LNG Companies to Discuss Next Steps for South Africa’s Gas-to-Power Programme This October
- Business Travel Set To Soar
- Customer and employee retention will be the priorities in the leisure industry this year
- New R156m East City Hotel
- John Thompson Continues Its Export Success
THERE were smiles all round at Reitech SA’s spanking new office and workshops facility at Capricorn Park in mid-August as a new R600 000 Feeler VM40SA machining centre was formally handed over by Craft Machine Tools, Cape Town agents for Feeler and other quality brands such as Haco, Bemato and Dalian Lathes.
The Feeler machining centre, which is fully-computerised and boasts state of the art Fanuc OiMC Japanese technology, can currently outperform any similar machine on the world market in terms of accuracy, reliability and speed of operation, says Craft’s sales director Bill Mallett.
The Feeler VM40SA Main features are a twenty two (22) BT40 Arm Type Toolchanger which can change a tool in 1.9 seconds. Other features includes:
• The table dimensions are 1150mm x 520mm which has a maximum holding capacity of 500KG‘s
• The travel on the X-Axis = 1000mm.Y-Axis = 520mm Z-Axis =505mm
• The standard spindle speed is 8000 RPM upgradable to 20,000 RPM.
• The VM40SA is interfaced and ready for a fourth or fifth axis when required.
“Reitech have made an excellent choice in buying this machine, and we are confident that it will be a valuable addition to their already impressive engineering capabilities,” Mallett says.
Hermias Nieuwoudt, Reitech SA’s general manager, is equally enthusiastic. Buying the new machining centre, he says, is a clear indication of Reitech’s confidence in its future. “We have done excellent business over the past two years and right through the present downturn. Looking ahead, I am sure we can continue to do so.”
Reitech specialises in customised machine building and systems engineering to customer specifications. They are involved mainly in the food and tobacco industries, and a key area of their activities lies in applications for the materials handling of sensitive value-added products - all types of tobacco, cheese, bread, pasta products, fish, fruit and other foodstuffs. They also handle sensitive materials such as diamonds, yarn and solar cells.
In addition, Reitech offers turnkey solutions to customer needs from design and development to in-house testing, commissioning and document/after sales service.
Business News Sector Tags:
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home