AWARDS: The Western Cape's 13 Finalists for Exporter Of the Year
Recent Western Cape Business News
THIRTEEN Western Cape Companies working in fields as different as the space industry, beauty products and recycling have been named as finalists in the Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s Exporter of the Year Competition.
The competition, which is in its 27th year, is sponsored by the Export Credit Insurance Corporation.
Ms Janine Myburgh President of the Chamber said that once again the competition had produced an amazing variety of companies which were succeeding against the odd in very difficult trading conditions. “Even more surprising is that more than a third of the entrants this year were companies run by women.”
The finalists are, in alphabetical order:
• All Women Recycling, a Muizenberg company which makes and sells a variety of gifts and gadgets made from plastic waste.
• Research Unit which makes stylish leather handbags and other leather products.
• CIT-Intermodal repairs shipping containers and converts them into offices, bedrooms and other products for accommodation and storage.
• Elim Spa Products makes and sells Elim Spa products.
• Environ Skin Care manufactures skin care products.
• Indigi Designs makes bright, bold decorative fabrics and furnishings with African themes.
• Koopmanskloof Wine of Stellenbosch produces wines.
• NewSpace Systems, a Somerset West Company, design and makes components for small satellites.
• National Manhole Covers manufactures manhole covers from sand and resin to replace metal coverings that are frequently stolen and sold for scrap.
• Peninsula Drums restores used oil drums and manufactures new drums of different types.
• Robinson and Sinclair are exporters of local wines.
• Technical Systems manufacture automated feeding systems for large poultry and pig farms.
• Thokozani Winelands Investment of Wellington is largely owned by the farm workers and produces fine wines.
The 13 will compete in seven categories. There will be an overall winner and trophies for the best engineering or manufacturing company, the best non-engineering or non-manufacturing company. the best small exporter and trophies for excellence in doing business in Africa, Design, innovation and transformation.
The overall winner will be announced at a gala dinner on November 2 and the awards in all the categories will be presented.
Business News Sector Tags:
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home