HEAVY EQUIPMENT: Johnson Taylor Opens In Cape Town
Recent Western Cape Business News
- African Real Estate & Infrastructure Summit Showcases Exciting City Development Plans
- Still Room for Improvement at Table Bay
- Cape Town Business Backs Sustainability
- Ford Unveils Next-Generation Technologies for Stress-Free Parking, Collision Avoidance, Wrong-Way Driving Alerts
- Questions Around The Table Grape Market
Johnson Taylor which opened its doors in South Africa to market the Rhino Heli forklift range in 2004, has now opened a fully-fledged branch in Cape Town to sell Rhino-Heli products. Initially perceived as a ‘cheap and inferior’ product from China they have been accepted and has come of age in the harsh South African market.
“Sales are up and our machines are out there. Respect has been gained from both our customers and competitors alike. Our original machines, which landed in 2004, are still working exceptionally well. They are operating in tough applications and are currently exceeding the 18 000 hours mark. This, related to mileage, is 720 000kms,” says Ron Coyle-Dowling, director of the company.
“We know there are many forklift trucks that look exactly like the Rhino-Heli, we are reminded nearly every day. However, one must bear in mind that we are offering more than looks. We are selling products which have been manufactured by the largest producers of forklifts in China - currently rated the eighth largest forklift truck company in the world in terms of turnover. One of the third biggest unit manufacturers in the world. Heli produces 72 000 forklifts per year.”
“The Rhino Heli meets ISO9001 and CE certification. The products are sold and accepted globally. Rhino Heli is an approved supplier of componentry for many of our competitors’ forklift trucks worldwide. Rhino-Heli products are solidly built with quality components and are highly reliable,” Coyle-Dowling says.
Johnson Taylor, based in Pinetown, offers the following:
• Forklifts from 1 ton to 46 tons, including petrol, LP Gas and battery/electric operated.
• Warehousing equipment including power pallet trucks, stacker and reach trucks, as well as tow tractors up to 45 tons.
• Financial packages including rentals, hire and full maintenance contracts.
Business News Sector Tags:
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home