DEVELOPMENT: CTICC Expansion Architects Narrowed Down To Five
Recent Western Cape Business News
The Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) announced the top five architects that have been shortlisted for the design of the CTICC expansion.
According to Chief Executive Officer, Rashid Toefy, after an extensive evaluation process, the following five architectural teams made it through to the final selection round.
• CTICC 2 Architectural Association – a joint venture between Van der Merwe Miszewski Architects, Stauch Voster Architects and Makeka Design Lab.
• Gapp Architects and Urban Designers with specialist design consultant Henning Larsen Architects
• Karol, Fabian, Reddy Joint Venture – a joint venture between Louis Karol Architects and Interiors, Fabian Architects and Ruben Reddy Architects
• Osmond Lange Architects and Planners
• SAOTA, GLH and Terra Ether Joint Venture – a joint venture between Stefan Antoni Olmesdahl Truen Architects, Grosskoff Lombart Huyberechts Associate Architects and Terra Ether Architects with specialist design consultant Woods Bagot
The tender generated considerable local and international interest and nineteen proposals were received, four of which had international representation. “The key criteria that the consortia/companies were assessed against was their level of expertise and track record, the relevant skills set that they bring to the table, their sustainability credentials and their organizational structure with regards to Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDI) ” says Toefy.
“The next step in the process will require the five finalists to submit a design concept and proposal for the expansion, which will then be evaluated by an expert advisory panel comprised of both local and international representatives” added Toefy. Thereafter the official architectural design team will be appointed. This announcement is expected to be made in March 2012 and will be subject to certain precedents being met with regards to the land deal.
Toefy concluded by saying that the expansion plans are proceeding according to schedule and in January 2012 the sustainability consultants are expected to be appointed. Once the architectural team has been finalized the appointment of the Quantity Surveyors and Project Manager will take place.
Business News Sector Tags:
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home