ENGINEERING: Floor Grating Progress
Recent Western Cape Business News
CAPE Grating is making good business progress with a relatively new product – fibreglass floor grating.
The company has been a leading supplier locally of steel and stainless steel grating, and industrial hand railing. The introduction of fibre grating has provided the business with added impetus, according to Gibran Wessels.
He points out that fibreglass floor grating products are substantially lighter than steel but it is also strong, easier to handle and less expensive to install. Importantly, it is much less expensive than stainless steel. Prices are on par with galvanized products.
Some features of the product are:
• Offers bi directional strength characteristics (can span both ways).
• Durable over the long term.
• Unmatched impact resistance.
• Good chemical, corrosion and ultra violet resistance.
• Non-conductive and non magnetic. Eliminates electrical/thermal hazards.
• Available with non slip finishes.
• Easy to tailor for installation – no lengthy waiting periods as opposed to galvanized or stainless steel grating.
• Can be cut on site – low installation costs.
• Standard sizes ex stock and, importantly has no scrap value.
He says the product is keenly in demand in the marine sector, as well as architects who are increasingly opting for green products. But demand stretches much further.
Business News Sector Tags:
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home