Search:  
Western Cape Business News
754
VIEWS

Send  Share  RSS  Twitter  31 Aug 2011

VENTURES: Lizard In The Bag

 



Recent Western Cape Business News

WHILE retailing is Holdsport’s main focus, the company has taken the rather curious step of buying control of a Cape Town-based apparel manufacturer called First Ascent.

While most companies would desist from entering the very competitive local apparel manufacturing segment, First Ascent is a specialist business that has focussed on on technical outdoor apparel and sleeping bags for 17 years.

Most readers would recognise First Ascent from the ‘lizard logo’ running and cycling jackets and shirts that are seen in abundance at numerous sporting and outdoor get-togethers in the Cape winter.

So enamoured is Holdsport with this business that the company stretched its stake to 95% in 2010 and then acquired the remaining 5% stake this year.

First Ascent appears to be reassuringly profitable with Holdsport’s pre-listing statement noting that debt of R140 million had been re-paid from cash generated from operations.


 
 
 
Business Profilesnorths-garden-furniturepacific-collectionswedding-services-western-caperiebeek-valley-hotel
 
   
 
 
 
  Accomodation
Accommodation


Online Foreign Exchange
Foreign Exchange


Directory
Directory


Fax
Fax 2 Email


Finance
Finance


Furniture
Furniture


Casino
Online Casino


Restaurant
Restaurant


Auctions
Shop Online


Study IT
Study IT Online


Web design
Web Design


Weddings
Weddings


Work
Work from Home
 
 
 
 
 
Company News
 
 

 

© 2019 www.wcbn.co.za. All rights reserved.

Daily Newsletter Subscription

 

Subscribe to the Western Cape Business News Daily News and information email (it's free).

Thank You
Your email address has been added.

Name:
Email Address: