Search:  
Western Cape Business News
688
VIEWS

Send  Share  RSS  Twitter  11 Aug 2011

FINANCE: Confidence Decreased Amongst Brokers

 



Recent Western Cape Business News

The latest CIB Broker Confidence Index (BCI), which measures the confidence levels of South African insurance brokers, revealed a 3% overall drop in confidence in the second quarter of 2011 to 65% from 68% in the previous three months. The CIB BCI measures broker confidence on a number of factors, including outlook for the local economy and business conditions in the insurance industry.  

Outlook for the South African economy amongst brokers continued to fall in the second quarter of 2011, dropping 4% to 57% since the first quarter of 2011. This is a drop of 8% in comparison to the confidence levels recorded in the same period last year.

The survey also revealed that brokers are continuing to lose confidence with regards to their outlook for business conditions in the local insurance industry over the next 12 months. Confidence levels dropped by 4% to 58% during the second quarter in 2011, from 62% recorded during the first quarter. According to Jonjon Smit, sales director of CIB Insurance Administrators, this is partly as a result of the uncertainty around global reinsurance costs after the natural disasters which have occurred throughout 2011.

Brokers continued to lose confidence in their prospects of attracting new business as well as retaining existing clients.

Smit says that consistent with the results of the first quarter, brokers referenced new legislation and regulation as the biggest challenge facing them for the next 12 months. “It is however worth mentioning that respondents now consider the amount of skilled brokers in the industry as more of a challenge, a likely indication of the growing concerns around the effects that the recently introduced Regulatory Exams are going to have."


 
 
 
success-motivation-instituteoffice-solutions-cape-townBusiness Profilesabsolute-weddings-and-eventsinsurance-western-cape
 
   
 
 
 
  Accomodation
Accommodation


Online Foreign Exchange
Foreign Exchange


Directory
Directory


Fax
Fax 2 Email


Finance
Finance


Furniture
Furniture


Casino
Online Casino


Restaurant
Restaurant


Auctions
Shop Online


Study IT
Study IT Online


Web design
Web Design


Weddings
Weddings


Work
Work from Home
 
 
 
 
 
Company News
 
 

 

© 2018 www.wcbn.co.za. All rights reserved.

Daily Newsletter Subscription

 

Subscribe to the Western Cape Business News Daily News and information email (it's free).

Thank You
Your email address has been added.

Name:
Email Address: