SHIPPING: Course In Ship Simulation
Recent Western Cape Business News
THE SA Maritime Training Academy in Simon’s Town has added the Ship Simulation and Bridge Teamwork course to its course listing. The training programme conforms to IMO Model course 1.22.
The trainees who successfully complete this course will have gained experience in handling ships under various conditions and will make a more effective contribution to the bridge team during ship manoeuvring in normal and emergency situations.
In particular, trainees will gain:
• Familiarisation with the use of engines and helm for ship manoeuvring.
• An understanding of the effects on the behaviour of the ship in wind, current, shallow water, banks and narrow channels and conditions of loading.
• A greater awareness of the importance of planning a passage or manoeuvre and the need for an alternative plan.
• A greater understanding and awareness of efficient bridge procedures and bridge teamwork during watchkeeping and ship handling, in normal and in emergency situations.
• A greater understanding and awareness of a good interactive communication style and benefit of building up a common shared mental model of the planned passage.
Business News Sector Tags:
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home