TRANSPORT: Bamic's Mixed Partitions
Recent Western Cape Business News
MANY refrigerated transporters are looking for ways to reduce costs. Fuel expenses are of particular concern. “There are many ways of generating savings but one of the most effective is by using our thermally insulated truck partition” says Mike Westcott marketing director of Bamic Enterprises of Cape Town.
This will allow refrigerated truck operators to successfully transport mixed, multi-temperature loads on one truck. The benefits of transporting mixed loads using a truck partition are as follows.
• The partition is made to size specification and is strong, light and easy to use. One person can erect or move it.
• There is no condensation on the load.
• It allows the operator to create compartments of different temperatures, e.g. frozen, chilled and ambient.
• During off-loading truck temperatures can be maintained by using the partition.
• When the truck is no longer fully loaded the partition allows for cooling of the loaded section only, so there is no wastage of fuel by chilling unused areas.
• The partition system allows for an overall energy and fuel saving of up to 30% per annum.
• Maintenance costs on the cooling unit and compressor are reduced as they do not have to operate as often to cool the truck.
• Each partition will amortise itself if used correctly in a relatively short period.
Business News Sector Tags:
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home