TOURISM: Cape Town Comes Out Tops Again
Recent Western Cape Business News
- Cavendish Square takes Top Honours for Shopping Centre Marketing
- Major growth potential for oyster and mussel culture in Saldanha, study finds
- It's Not All 2010 Cup's Fault
- Making Room For Shoprite Checkers
- Royal Institution Of Chartered Surveyors Global Summit 2015 To be Held in SA, with Focus on Africa
Cape Town roped in yet another accolade when it was voted the Best City in Africa and the Middle East by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler. This is the second time the destination was awarded the Readers’ Choice Award in this category. In 2008 readers of this premier UK travel magazine chose Cape Town as their favourite city in Africa and the Middle East.
Commenting on this latest accolade Alan Winde, MEC for Finance, Economic Development and Tourism, said, “This award confirms Cape Town’s status as a destination of a lifetime, at any time, and for any adventure. It also comes on the back of the destination’s overwhelming success as one of the best hosts of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.”
The awards took place last week in New York and was attended by celebrities like Matt Dillon, Kerry Washington and Liev Schreiber. Celebrity presenters of the awards shared their personal testimonials, with Cape Town being represented by Malaak Compton-Rock, wife of comedian Chris Rock. She joked that her husband referred to Cape Town as “just like the French Riviera, but without the attitude”.
Business News Sector Tags:
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home