VENTURES: R72m For Food Suppliers
Recent Western Cape Business News
- Screws On Counterfeit Goods
- Major growth potential for oyster and mussel culture in Saldanha, study finds
- Ambit Technology’s Solar Powered Classrooms to Ensure Clean,Connected and Sustainable E-learning for the Future
- Cash is King As Buyers Compete Amidst Shortage Of Homes in Top Cape Areas
- Transfer Duty - Taxing For Buyers and Ultimately Also Sellers
Nedbank Corporate Property Finance: Cape has funded the development and completion of a R72 million production, warehousing and distribution facility in Bellville, Cape Town on behalf of Swish Property Group.
The facility will be occupied by companies that manufacture and distribute bread buns for McDonalds and KFC.
The manufacturing facility, consisting of 4975m² of warehousing and 675m² of office space, has been built to accommodate East Balt South Africa, a trading partnership between US-based East Balt Bakery and local listed company Astral Operations Ltd.
The distribution facility, including 2360m² of warehousing, 1150m² of cold storage and 415m² of office space is to be occupied by Digistics, which distributes all product lines nationally for McDonalds and KFC.
The Bellville bakery will produce 36 000 buns per hour for distribution to the Western Cape, Eastern Cape and KZN markets.
The facility is built to also accommodate the production of tortilla Wraps, English muffins and numerous other baked product lines.
Business News Sector Tags:
Fax 2 Email
Study IT Online
Work from Home